GB dies???

by JT 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

h20

Posted by Ernest [Ernest] on January 03, 2001 at 14:44:39 {L6c8f8mpkkj.CgrACL3Y0abnMpK0sU}:
    Dear friends,
    1/3/01 It was announced at morning worship today that Brother Karl Klein,
    a member of the Governing Body, has passed away. He was 95 years old. He
    was baptized in 1918, entered Bethel in 1925, married in 1963, and a member
    of the Governing Body since 1974. His life story appeared in the 10/1/84 WT

I didn’t have time to ck to see if this is accurate or not , but hey Karl is the dude you can thank for all those sad Kingdom songs in the song book

he used to dog all music when i was at bethel even JAZZ, but he loved that classical stuff

he used to dog the life style of the artist- yet from what i understand the classical dudes got thier share of "Nookie" as well

smile

JT

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I take it you are the person who posts as "1" on h20?

Welcome JT. I find you one of the most interesting posters over there. I hope you can post here often as well.

Path

• mommy
    mommy

Sorry to take off topic
    But could someone tell me what h20 is?
    I found the hourglass site, is this it?
    And if it is how can ANYONE possibly understand how to work this?
    I like Simon's way, WAY better:)
    mommy

• JT
    JT

"I find you one of the most interesting posters over there."

thank you,

i recently found this site, There is alot of PAIN here, but they will find the needed comfort by sharing thier exp with others, many who have been thru the same thing

alot of my post reflects by background, if you don't mind i would like to share a few things about myself .I use the handle "1" over on h20 and there is a funny story about how I ended up using that handle-- but now i use "JT" for they ae my INITIALS

well here is a little about me:

I’m a 38 yr. old black man, I was raised as a jw from about the age of 5-

I gave up college scholarships to pioneer for 6months and I went to bethel ----I served there about 7yrs

I truly enjoyed bethel for I got to learn so much about the org

I hooked up with a Former DO who was my mentor- he works the Service desk now in Patterson

He trained me how to be an Excellent "Society Man"

as he stated there are 2 things one must do:

1. Love the bros. and sisters

2. Learn Organization Procedures like the back of your hand- he would say all the time

You may not be liked by some but you will ALWAYS BE RIGHT

fore if it is IN PRINT then you are right

When I left bethel as a MS I had a collections of Shepherding Material that we had put together that was about as good-- if not better than the one the avg. CO has in the field

I settled in a Congo with 4 former bethelites I made 5

We ran the Congo like Bethel

Everyone loved it --things were done on time all the time
    just like we learned at bethel
    It was known in the circuit as "LITTLE BETHEL"

I WAS APPOINTED AT 27 AS AN ELDER-----was on the District at 29 and started working in the Chairman's office at 30

I was one of the youngest guys up in the "SKYBOX"

While all the friends sat in the sun and sweated for the convention

My wife and I was up in the Skyboxes with AC chilling out

While other friends could not get a cool drink of water at their seats
    We had a MS who would run down to the food stands and bring us up our food and drink , which we enjoyed THRUOUT the ENTIRE program

My wife never stood in line to use the bathroom-- we had one in our SKYBOX

As they say at bethel I was on the FAST TRACK.,

FOR MANY on the net I see their exp.
    THEIR PAIN AND THIER ANGER

MANY FEEL THAT they were cut short or dealt with unkindly by the elders in thier congo, yes they felt that they got DOGGED, yep
    "THE SHAFT"

Or they were just the OUTCAST of their Congo

So when they come to the net they are mad as Hell

That was not the case for me-- I was loved and well respected as an elder and former bethelite

All of our CO's were former bethelites and they always made sure that any former bethelite got parts on the Circuit and District program

Not much was the result of "God gave him that assignment"
    MORE LIKE ---Who you know

They just like giving parts to all the former bethelites--- as one CO told us

"I know you guys are Trained"

So for me I was happy as a lark, fine wife, good job, well respected elder who was on the fast track

So why in the world would I as one of my bethel buddies put it:

"Bite the hand that feeds you"

Well it all started back in 95 when The Boys in Writing Dropped the Generation doctrine

One night 3 couples all former bethelites we were sitting around talking about it and it's implications on what we teach

You see bethelites have always to some degree questioned the org more than most Local bro do

Then The Writing Dept dropped the Separating of the sheep and Goats

Then They dropped the Alternative Service rule--

I had a very good friend who was an older Elder when I was in New York who went to Prison for 3yrs instead of working at the hospital due to that rule.

He has had some problems since being in prison, now I have NEVER ASKED HIM AND I NEVER WILL-- but from everyone I know who should be in the know -

Tells me that this bro was raped repeatedly while he was in prison as a 19-yr. old kid and I will never ask him directly about it.

I stated that to say this:

When they changed the alternative service rule- he called me up and he broke down and cried

The Society has tried to present this as "THIER CONSCIECNES WERE JUST VERY STRICT IS WHY THEY WENT TO PRISON"

WHILE THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS that IS A LIE

As he put it ---during the Vietnam War all the young bro were getting draft letters

Him and his mama went to the elders to get advice and they shared with him the Current positon in the wt---- where basically it stated if you are Loyal you will not take the alternative job--POINT BLANK--

So as he put it-- it was not a conscience matter ---he thought he was being loyal to god

To this very day he has slowed down and step aside as an elder

He still wants to hold on to WT world, but he is a crushed man

So after the last elders school I told my wife I can't take it anymore

The school mainly focused on DO MORE DO MORE, BEAT THE FRIENDS, BEAT THE FRIENDS

And judicial matters is mainly what we talked about.

Then I went up on the Net

I felt that if I have the truth it will stand the test

Well after trying to defend the Boys in Writing I realized how little I knew about wt history.

So I stop going into chartrooms and open forums

And just found sites where there was no commentary just wt history-

I order Ray Franz’s book and I read both in 10days
    then I cried for 10 more --smile

At that point I knew what I had to do - being an elder at the time I knew how the Program works for apostates/anyone questioning the boys in writing.

So I started giving up my assignments-- one at a time
    HVC,.Circuit acct overseer, SEC in my hall and finally I stepped down as an elder

I told the body I was so busy with work that I could not do a good job as an elder and it's not fair to my bookstudy and the friends etc.

The night I turned in my flockbook was the last time I stepped foot into a Kingdom Hall- and we used to get alot of phone calls from jw we knew

In fact folks all over the country esp former bethelites called when they heard I stepped aside

Then just recently we built a 3700 sq. ft home in another state and moved

A completely new area and we are loving it

My wife and I are now back in college and we run an IT biz

So we are busy and we are making all new friends and it's hard at times

My father-in-law has decided to leave as well as my mom

Mother in-law refuses to even talk about it, my dad was never a jw

My mom told me that 10-yr. ago she knew something was wrong and she was afraid to say anything to me because I was an elder a "SOCIETY MAN"

She said I knew you would tell my elders and they would DF me

So she never said anything to me or my wife about her views on the org all those yrs

Damn man I could have gotten out sooner

Smile

So I have a very rounded view of the Org and how it operates that the AVG jw will never see

And how sad

- At this point for us we have decided to take a break from the bible and religion after over 60yrs COMBINED of wt world -- and arguing with folks as to whether Jesus Died on a “Light Pole or Telephone Pole” we figure we need a break- SMILE

I didn't mean to ramble on and on

But I felt that sometimes when you put a life exp. behind a HANDLE it makes all the difference in the world

TAKE CARE

JT AKA "1"

my intialswith you putting thier life back tog I guess alot has to do with my background as a JW, , i hope that some of my post

• JT
    JT

h20 is another jw site

it can get very Wild over there -- smile

i have enjoyed it over there for almost 3 yrs though

the views go the entire spectrum smile

one of the things about that site is if you don't know what you are talking about- it will quickly show the poster over there can
    DOCUMENT every single thing that the WT has said on a matter

i have often seen jw come over there with the "The Society never said that" mindset and get blown out of the water,

simply because they don't know WT history

some folks like it over there, others don't . but at least we all have the freedom to chose without being condemned

i enjoy your post i have read many of them and they are good

take care

JT

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for sharing that JT. I appreciate your style and perpective. I think your presence would be very much welcome here to add to the discussions.

Path

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

JT,I like what your saying brother.

- At this point for us we have decided to take a break from the bible and religion after over 60yrs COMBINED of wt world -- and arguing with folks as to whether Jesus Died on a “Light Pole or Telephone Pole” we figure we need a break- SMILE

You said a mouthful there! I'm one year younger than you, and always was just an "average to below average" jw ;), never played the politics for a second, but I could see. And yeah, I'm feelin' a little dumb for all those arguments about the "light pole or Telephone Pole". Way to call it.

Ready to take a little break myself.

• mommy
    mommy

JT WOW!!!
    As a child of two pioneers of 8 children; we NEVER ate at conventions, let alone sit in AC!!
    My parents would use what little $ they had to go back and forth (approximately 150 miles) to assemblies; never had enough to stay in hotel.
    So to now look back, and see my family wasn't alone in this(we often carpooled) I find it disgraceful that you were where you were at.
    Lotta sadness at this sight because "old wounds never go away, they just fester"
    I have been out of org for awhile but, my past is my past! I am unable to change, only to become stronger for it.
    I accept the past,and look forward to changing the future of myself and my family, which I feel I have done. MUCH happier now!
    Glad you are here! Can't wait to hear your posts in future!
    mommy

• mommy
    mommy

Sorry one thing I forgot to mention
    When we went to assemblies we did eat! Many bros and sis GAVE us those silly little coupons, and we would eat off those, or if we volunteered in kitchen we got free meals!
    Sorry to make in sound like we starved:)
    mommy

• JT
    JT

I find it disgraceful that you were where you were at.

looking back I agree, yet this is the life that those at the top live
    esp MANY OF THE MAJOR PLAYERS AT BETHEL

in WT world it is not the MONEY unlike in many religions- it's the POWER.

case in point- the president OF THE usa makes $200,000 a yr yet Forbes spent $30-60million to run for a job that pays $200,000

it is not the money but the POWER of being the President of the USA

same in wt ---the avg male jw would clean banks at night for $3.25 and hour if he could be an Elder and on the District Program

and wt uses it titles and positions-- stick and carrot-- to keep it's members in line

I recall the very same thing that you do growing up as a jw kid

my mom had 4kids to drag to the conventions- getting a ride was hard many times- my mom often felt left out since she had no Elder husband and was rarely included in any thing unless it was baby shower

we would go to the meeting for service and my mom had to work with her 4kids - very little encouragement-so i decided when i became an elder i would NEVER the "low" jw feel left out

often times i would take the outcast friends with my wife and i when i gave talks in other halls for some who had been jw for 20YR they had never been invited to go along with an elder to visit another hall

it is very hard to be a Caring Elder due to the BEAT THE FRIENDS mindset that the Society instills in it's elders

as one DO use to say KEEP THE FRIEND BUSY
    as a jw there is NEVER any down time always you are made to feel guilty- could you not be reading your mags, etc

at all times you have to eat and sleep wt- never any down time

are you using your time wisely Sister- are you buying out the opportune time and the list goes on and on.

in my exp i find that White bros and sister are more willing than black friends to question the society

even as an elder it was always the white elders who would challenge the CO, while most black bro wouldn't dare question a CO-

the JW faith appeals to blacks , i recall talking to so many black bethelites and just local friends who felt that the Org finally made us equal to white bro- so for blacks the Org is all they have to give them a sense of selfworth- how sad

hey i ejoyed your post

take care

JT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit