Calling Cult Classic!!!!!!

by elderelite 18 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes indeed. I think what makes it so... "wow" for lack of another word, is that I never would have guessed. When you are both at bethel, the "best of the best"you wouldn't think that both of you would end up on the same message board... too too much... the odds that the both of us ended up here and nowand figured it out based on a random mention that we both were in brooklyn in the 90's...

• cult classic
    cult classic

OK EVERYBODY !!!! THEY'VE MADE CONTACT!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

There are more contacts to be made here. We're all just 6 people away from knowing each other, right?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Or in our case classic, one person away

Just got off the phone with Mr. Classic. Really really good to speak to him. As Men we owe a debt of gratitude to our wifes and all they do to help facilitate friendships and keep in touch with people. thank you so much for relaying to him my little Innocent post that I was in Brooklyn in the 90's. Your thoughtfulness has really made my day. It is so encouraging to speak with old friends who have woken up and walked the road I am just starting to travel. talking with the Mr for few really built me up and helped strengthen me for what lies ahead. A thousand thank your's Mrs classic!

• cult classic
  • moshe
    moshe

Mike, I am glad to hear you have made contact with an old Bethel aquaintance. I have not been as fortunate in hooking up with anyone who I knew from my old JW days- going on 25 years ago.

• elderelite
    elderelite

25 years and they are all still "in"? Well, I'm sure you did your best to expose it all too them. You never know how those seeds may yet grow..

• moshe
    moshe

I plan on making a trip to Lutz, FL soon to pay a visit to my old KH (a couple hours away)- just to let them know how well I have been doing and to inquire about some of the bros. I am sure some of my old friends have left the KH, but when they fade, they don't advertise that they have really, left the building for good.

• elderelite
    elderelite

That makes sense of course... were you ever per chance assicated with any congregations in the flaggler beach area?

• moshe
    moshe

No Mike, , never got over that way- just the Tampa to Plant city area- oh and St Cloud, FL when I was helping Mickey build Epcot in 1982. If you ever visit the Japan Pavilion- I hung and wired all the lamps hanging down on the upper walkway- and installed the projectors in the China Pavilion, etc.

Also the Danville and Rossville, ILL KHs. I was an elder at the Rossville KH for a few years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit