Do you think Glenn Beck is starting to form a new religion?

by mkr32208 41 Replies latest jw friends

• freydo
    freydo

The Glenn Beck Coalition

"Glenn Beck is carefully weaving a Mormon-Catholic coalition to topple Obama in 2012 and infiltrate the US Congress with the Latter Day Saints ideology. He has openly admitted that he did not vote for John McCain and Sarah Palin. He has carefully skirted the fact that the Mormons are not mainstream Christians: they neither believe in the New Testament nor the Trinity. Mormons believe that they are God's chosen people and that Jesus came for them first in America and that he spoke to the Native Americans. Mormons are on the move to control America and make Americans worship their concept of God. In the recent rally in Washington DC, Glenn Beck opened with the Mormon ideology about God. He introduced a Rabbi, a native American couple and a White Pastor as a way to camouflage his intentions. His attempt at presenting a Mormon vision of America was clear enough, it is clear if you study his words everywhere he speaks. He is playing the same game that was played at the Senator Ted Kennedy funeral service. Republican Senator Orrin Hatch, a Mormon, lauded the late Catholic Senator for his support of the Mormon religion in Massachusetts. The Mormons of both Parties were behind the defeat of Senator John McCain and Sarah Palin. They knew that once Obama, a former Muslim candidate was elected President, the old American precedent for electing only mainstream Christian Presidents would be broken, and the American people would be hoodwinked into thinking that simply saying, "I believe in God and God bless America" was sufficient for any candidate to qualify for President. The fact that Mitt Romney is a Mormon and Rudy Guiliani is a Catholic would no longer be an issue if they were to run again for the office of the President of the United States of America. This is why Glenn Beck is putting together the Mormon-Catholic coalition to elect a Mormon as President." Aug. 31, 2010 -

http://www.v-a.com/

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Beck speaks his mind. Very admirable. I don't watch his TV show as much as I'd like, but I listen to his radio show whenever I can

The hatred and fear of Glenn Beck from the left says he is doing something very right

• villabolo
    villabolo

Dark Side:

Beck speaks his mind. Very admirable. I don't watch his TV show as much as I'd like, but I listen to his radio show whenever I can

The hatred and fear of Glenn Beck from the left says he is doing something very right

You mean like trying to provoke civil war, insurrection, shootings and miscellaneous mayhem?

ANY ass can provoke people. The most pathetic thing is, that some consider that an accomplishment.

VILLABOLO

• villabolo
    villabolo

Mkr32208: I'm literally watching the formation of a new and stupid religion.

More like a personality cult.

The Glenn Beckians come from from a variety of denominations, most of which are very similar to each other. They won't change their religion and Beck is not even trying to create an alternative theology, but rather a movement that will spearhead fundamentalism in general.

Of course, it's every bit as dangerous as if it were a new religion.

VILLABOLO

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Calm down, Villadouchbag

I'm not impressed, or intimidated, by giant blue words

Or pictures of your piehole

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

More like a personality cult.

The Glenn Beckians come from from a variety of denominations, most of which are very similar to each other. They won't change their religion and Beck is not even trying to create an alternative theology, but rather a movement that will spearhead fundamentalism in general.

Link?

• designs
    designs

Another Jerry Falwell on the Market err Scene.

There's money to be made from the white Protestants...........

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Link?

DS - There is an abundance of information documenting the rise of the Christian right within the Republican party. It is common knowledge to even the most casual observer of the political scene and there are several current books on the market that describe how, why, when, who and what it is about. This brief review of one of them gives you a small overview of the movement:

This review is from: Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement that Shattered the Party (Hardcover)

In Republican Gomorrah, Max Blumenthal traces the history of the rise of the Christian Right and its take over of the Republican Party. This is a process which began in the 1950s as an outgrowth of McCarthyism and intensified in reaction to the civil rights movement, anti-Vietnam protests, and other aspects of the 1960s. It first gained real power during the 1980s and finally achieved total dominance within the GOP during the 1990s and in the George W. Bush Administration.

Blumenthal has done an impressive amount of meticulously documented research and has unearthed much new information. He identifies Francis Schaeffer as the original source of much of the philosophy behind the Family (as the movement is known among its adherents), and recognizes the heavy influence of James Dobson, Rousas John Rushdoony, and Howard F. Ahmanson in its propagation. As the Family has gained power it has attracted politicians like Tom DeLay and Ralph Reed until, in the 2008 election, it was actually able to dictate the choice of a supremely unqualified candidate as the Republican vice-presidential nominee.

This book intrigued me on several levels. As a white Southern male in my early 50s, I have witnessed much of the Family's rise. I remember Francis Schaeffer being avidly discussed among young conservatives at my college during the 1970s, and recall the very heavy handed Republican efforts to co-opt the votes of people like me which began in 1980 and have continued to the present. I resented then and still resent today their assumption that my heritage and my faith would incline me to vote for their bigoted and racist platform, and feel deeply ashamed that so many who have a similar background to mine could be manipulated into giving them their support. The chapters dealing with Christian Reconstructionism and Dominionism are excellent guides for understanding those movements and their connections to the GOP. I also found the chapters detailing the hypocrisy and financial and/or sexual pecadillos of these men and women who claim to be doing the Lord's work highly interesting, if sometimes sickening. It would be all too easy to sneer at such churlishness and dismiss it out of hand, but that would be a mistake.

With our country so deeply divided, and with civilized debate and rational discourse rapidly disappearing, books like Republican Gomorrah make invaluable reading to those of us who are dumbfounded by the profound ignorance now so much on display in town hall meetings, "tea parties", and most unfortunately in Congress itself. Republican Gomorrah reveals the mechanisms by which so many honorable religious Americans have been woefully and deliberately misinformed and manipulated into supporting cynical politicians who care nothing for true faith and values. Americans who are truly concerned for the future of our country need to read Republican Gomorrah and be aware that the Republic has much to fear from those who wrap themselves in the flag and wave the Bible in the air.

http://www.amazon.com/Republican-Gomorrah-Inside-Movement-Shattered/dp/1568583982

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Americans who are truly concerned for the future of our country need to read Republican Gomorrah and be aware that the Republic has much to fear from those who wrap themselves in the flag and wave the Bible in the air.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    I'm literally watching the formation of a new and stupid religion. A religion that caters to the hard core far right who have nothing but a bible and a gun and a TV. This is it, right before our eyes a new prophet for god is rising. Will he be a success?

He's not starting anything "NEW". I do think, he believes he's starting a "religious revival" and he is reinterpreting the GREAT AWAKENING. Beck fails to see the part Jonathan Edwards played, and the influence Edwards had on men like George Whitefield.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit