Weird Fred Franz pics (other presidents also)

by Joliette 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I was reading crisis of conscience and I noticed a really odd pic of Fred Franz on page 90 (looks like he was sitting down?) in the picture, and I knew I had seen him somewhere before (watchtower) or yearbook, and I always wondered why the organization took so many pictures of the presidents back then...if they didnt want the emphasis put on men but on the organization?? Why was this??

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    I was reading crisis of conscience and I noticed a really odd pic of Fred Franz on page 90 (looks like he was sitting down?)

Here is that picture for people who don't CoC

franz from coc page 90

3Mozzies

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

His typical & antitypical Watchtower studies nearly drove me mad as a young kid.................

I thought if I do not understand this how am I going to give a witness when hauled before the authorities.....................

I'll be persecuted & it will be my own fault because I didn't study hard enough...........

And because I didn't study hard enough I couldn't expect Jehovah to recall to my mind the stuff the borg' were telling us that would help me endure torture.

Bringing your kid up as a Jehovah's Witness & you to can a kid burdened with guilt & low self esteem.

Good ole Freddie

• alanv
    alanv

Hi Joliette, I guess the answer is that for a long time JWs were on a learning curve. There are loads of things they don't do now that they did a few decades ago. I'm sure the legal department goes through everything now with a fine tooth comb just to make sure nothing will come back to them and bite them in the ass. It's taken them 130 years but nowdays it is only on odd occasions they say something really dumb.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I was wondering why they took so many pictures of this crazy. They werent suppose to be a one man organization but they glorified men, especially back in the day. I remember seeing this picture of Fred Franz in the watchtower when I was little, and it just looked...weird...he was looking up at the sky or something...they seem to have more pictures of Fred Franz than Nathan Knorr...Knorr didnt look at weird at Fred Franz.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you 3 mozzies and alantv...

and 'Heartaboy' yes, the watchtowers seemed really weird back then...just reading them, very authoritive and tongue-in-cheek.

• snowbird
    snowbird

They glorified and almost deified Fred Franz.

Syl

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah, there are a LOT of Fred Franz pics...who were taking all of those pics of him. Theres a lot of Judge Drunkaford also, but a lot 'weird' headshots of bBrother Franz.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, intellectually Franz might have been the most gifted authority figure in the WT canon (kind of like World's Sexiest Manatee)

• agonus
    agonus

Franz was a lunatic, but he had one thing that nobody else except maybe Russell had, and that was imagination. David Icke is pretty imaginative too, though... but at least the guys were interesting in a car-wreck-you-couldn't-take-your-eyes-away-from kinda way. Now, there's no wreck, there's no car, there's just you and the road stretching out to infinity in both directions, with neverending signposts saying Armageddon is only a few miles away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit