I want to know the truth

by robson 11 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata

1. Who finances the CO expenses.

From what I understand, The COs get a monthly allowance from the WTS. The circuit passes resolutions to pay for medical insurance and automobile expenses.

2. How true is the blue envelope given to them at the district convention.

If by "blue envelope" you mean gift donations, Some JWs choose to give the CO a gift and some cash when he visits. This is completely voluntary and I've never seen it formally suggested.

3.Where do they live.

Some circuits have suites built in kingomd halls for the CO. Some COs stay at various brothers and sister's houses each week.

4. Who pays for their cars.

The WTS buys the cars.

5.How they get insurance.

The congregations in the circuit pay for their car maintenance and insurance.

At least that's how it's done in my area.

robson, what do you mean we didn't tell you anything, you had quite a few responses above, including a link to the branch manual.

• robson
    robson

Thanks, Pirata you were on top with your responses awesome good job.

Is because I know things a little different and I just wanted to have them clarified by an expert, so this is what I know:

1. The COs gets an stipend from the WTS every month and is just to cover basic needs. Also, he gets individual gifts from brothers who have means for it and that can go without limits since he is seen as a channel from the FDS to our local body of elders. In addition, all his expenses should be covered by the circuit he is working on and the elders are responsible for such task to be aranged in a good manner.

2. The blue envelope I heard it was given to them every time they had a district convention so at the end they were given the envelope with money plus they went to eat with the rest of the elders. Everything was paid hotel, food, gas etc... Is an obligatory arrangement to carry out. But I'm not totally aware of this blue envelope that's why I need more info.

3. Yeah they live in apartments built at kingdom halls, they can also stay with their family when they visit the area. Most of them stay at brothers' and sisters' houses where room is available. is very common for them to stay at hotels paid by the congregation or a wealthy brother. That is understood however when they have their own place an apartment and throughout the year local congregations are assigned to pay his rent and bills so that is too much in my opinion.

4. The WTS buys their cars and also those cars have to be replace for a new model every now and then. license plates are paid by the circuit in which he serves. He can also be given a car as a gift.

I see the difference between classes at the hall and I don't like seeing things that they don't look right COs build a carreer out of the word of God but what bothers me is that some of them come and criticize us like if they are God himself. Thanks you all for all your responses I just needed more light thank you. Robson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit