I held back my laughter...

by dssynergy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

When I visited Bethel last week, I was explaining to my friend why I only choose to hire people with Bachelor Degrees...they need to be well educated, professional, have a certain level of experience, etc.

Her comment: "yeah, worldly people aren't used to the constant learning that we do as Jehovah's Witnesses."

Me: "uh, yeah."

It was all I could do to hold back and not roll my eyes or burst out laughing. Seriously? Most JWs I know are brain dead and couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

Is it me??

DS

• agonus
    agonus

Constant learning, sure, if you mean endless labyrinthine doctrine and policy with an obsolesence threshold of a few nanoseconds.

And maybe some plumbing and drywalling tips.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Most JWs I know are brain dead and couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

It's a cult-induced fog, maintained by constant re-indoctrination sessions at the Kingdom Hall.

• undercover
    undercover

My observation was that the more independant a JW was the more intelligent or learned he seemed to be. The independent JW didn't rely strictly on WT counsel alone on how to get through life.

That's not to say that the others were dumb or anything but they were definitely in that fog that LWT was talking about. Years of trying to follow the WT counsel led to losing the ability to use critical thinking. They allowed the WTS tell them how to think, what to think.

Add to that the fear of higher learning that they instill in young ones and no wonder it seems that JWs can't think their way out of a paper bag. The majority really can't. They don't know how.

Not using the brain is kinda like not using muscles. Don't use them, they atrophy. But just as you can build your muscles back up so you can learn how to think and reason, if given the oppurtunity and having the desire.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I've always loved the line, "Reading the Awake is just like getting a college degree." Yeah, right.

The information contained is so superficial - Witnesses do not have any social or cultural context for what they observe. If I do bring up those types of concepts, I get doe eyed stares and the sound of crickets....

They have nothing to add to a conversation about those types of issues unless they have indeed gone to college and experienced a wider world. It would be nice if there was real discussion about real subjects within the congregation. But there is none. The one thing I do appreciate about the Catholics is their view on social justice. At least someone's got that right.

DS

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Have you met Alice????

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

No, I haven't met Alice. What's up?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

When you do.... and you will....

you have answered your own question!

Am I lying People????

• watersprout
    watersprout

"Reading the Awake is just like getting a college degree."

LOL!!!

Oh my goodness i had forgotten about that!

• Dagney
    Dagney

"Your Servant the Pencil."

Need I say more?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit