Meeting topics that cover sex

by Libelle 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Is your average elder not married? or is it just because JW's aren't allowed to do anything fun?

Most but not all are married - and no, they are never allowed to do anything fun. Talking about this at meetings is as much fun as they get.

I think that as bad as it is to be talking this kind of graphic BS in church, worse is the fact that it is actually said right in front of kids of every age from babies on up.

I have seen graphic descriptions of such things as oral sex presented which were written by the watchtower society, and they ordered them to be read word for word during the friday night service meeting. That was in the early 1970s, so it may not still be going on now.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I have seen graphic descriptions of such things as oral sex presented which were written by the watchtower society, and they ordered them to be read word for word during the friday night service meeting. That was in the early 1970s, so it may not still be going on now.

There was a watchtower study article quite a few years back now that discussed in great detail what was allowed to go on as regards sex. This was before Carrot and I were married and i remember how we were in the car with Carrots brother [staunch Jdub] and his fiance [also staunch jdub] and they were agreeing with every word! Carrot got into a heated discussion and they [Bro and fiance]kept looking at each other with looks on their faces as if to say ''how dare you disagree with the FDS''........ I still remember how graphic that article was, so wrong with little kids in there. No wonder a lot of them grow into adults with sexual issues!

Peace and light

• clarity
    clarity

Right on, JWoods, everything but the exposure of CHILD ABUSE!! - Conspicuous by it's absence!

Pretty naive I guess - the first time I heard most of this stuff was at the 'keedom' hall, my kids were 8 & 9 at the time! lol The society seems to take pride in their unseemly brazzen shouting their mouths off. (my first use of brazen - it fits!)

clarity

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

if they would talk more about sex, more people would attend the meetings.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

They haven't completely ignored child abuse... There IS the (very) occasional Asleep! article and one must not forget the local needs talk about the sexual predator lurking in the congregation and how you need to be careful, but things had been "handled within the congregation".

There was this one sister in my old hall that would get this pinched look on her face when talking about oral sex, emphasizing the words with a disgusted tone and making a cupping motion with her hands. It was kind of disturbing.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

One of my older friends told me as a teenager that she used to fixate on the pants of the elders in her KH when they were giving talks about sex and romance to see if they were enjoying it a bit too much. She swore up and down that one elder seemed to "raise his hand to Jah" whenever it was his turn.

Sadly, our podium was too wide to observe this myself. But I don't doubt it. ;)

• Libelle
    Libelle

Wow, talk about repression. :( So sad, and they're perpetuating the cycle. Isn't that how it always is?

Does anyone know how graphic they are these days? Sad to say my kids are going to some or most of these meetings and I just wonder what they'll be hearing. I have been, lately, trying to stay abreast of the topics via blondie's weekly comments, but that doesn't cover "the talk" on sunday or their "school" on Thursday. Though, The Mr. did pull out the Young People Ask book for the older kids yesterday and I skimmed it - utter and complete garbage.

Wow, some of those comments about how elders or others handle it would be amusing, if it wasn't true, you know? I feel so sorry for those people, sometimes... Maybe a good romp is what they all need.

• wasblind
    wasblind

To sum it up. According to the WTS, FOREPLAY is a fobidden act

they don't believe in preheatin' the oven before puttin' the cake in.

Just jump in and do it, anything over five minutes is displeasing to

Jehovah

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

"Talking about this at meetings is as much fun as they get"

I know of Elders that refuse point blank to give talks on these matters. You can't tar every Elder with the same brush.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Does anyone know if the outline "A Godly View of Sex and Marriage" is still a current Sunday talk? That outline was so uncomfortable to sit through. I must have heard it 50 times. Why does an elder need to tell his congregation about a females's cycle????? Not to mention all the other unmentionables in that outline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit