What It Be Like ...

by snowbird 61 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

in your neck of the woods?

Here, it's cooling off and the leaves are already turning.

My g'daughter's team lost a volleyball game on Monday evening.

Serves her right for being such a boastful little blister!

Syl

• watersprout
    watersprout

It's very sunny and warm today!

Baby sprout goes back to school tomorrow! I am really going to miss her! I will not miss her toys everywhere though! Lol

Peace and light

• Emma
    Emma

It's been hotter than usual and will reach 90 degrees again today. Hot and dry - the garden needs to be watered. Very few early fall colors in the leaves.

The garden continues to produce; this is our best year for tomatoes and beans and the herbs and flowers have done well, too.

No kids in school.

I'm retiring from this job on Sept.7! Will be looking for something part time later on.

Emma

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sunny, 92 degrees.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, WaterSprout and Emma!

Syl

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I can't resist this, sorry. Who the hell talks like that? Is that the great Ebonics you be speakin?

"What it be like, Holmes?"

I thought you were all educated? What the hell?

What it be like, bro??

To answer yo question, it be all hot an' shit, G!! It be so hot dis summa dat der be 9 heat waves up here in da No'east, an right now dis be da last one of da summa. It be freakin 94 degrees today. I'm sweatin so bad my ancestors be feelin it!

You talk like that, REALLY?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's going to be very warm today but it is beginning to feel like fall.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sweltering 95 degrees.

Humidity through the roof.

We have gotten rain and rain and rain.

There is a great deal of standing water around my house.

The mosquitos are terrible. Really bad.

I can't wait for the weather to cool down and dry up.

I guess that is what happens when you live in a Cypress swamp. But then of course, I am an Ogre according to my wife.

BTS

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

can't resist this, sorry. Who the hell talks like that? Is that the great Ebonics you be speakin?

"What it be like, Holmes?"

I thought you were all educated? What the hell?

What it be like, bro??

To answer yo question, it be all hot an' shit, G!! It be so hot dis summa dat der be 9 heat waves up here in da No'east, an right now dis be da last one of da summa. It be freakin 94 degrees today. I'm sweatin so bad my ancestors be feelin it!

You talk like that still, REALLY?

Black people don't say freakin in that context. Mexicans are the ones that say Holmes. Plus Syl's thread topic was tongue in cheek.

Where I'm at, its hot. Ridiculously hot. Hotter than an oven in WW2 Germany. Cooking biscuits that is.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Same here. It's cooled off a bit from the usual 110 - 120 degrees. But my air conditioning went out, so driving in the 99+ degree weather still sucks. But it's slowly cooling off. Why do I live in a desert?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit