Young JW's

by XPeterX 36 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow.....I am honoured that someone bothered to quote me in the very first post on this forum. Welcome Johnny.

SIDE NOTE: Whenever I see someone's name of "Johnny" I automatically think of Christopher Walken in the movie, "The Dead Zone". I don't know why, I just do. Maybe it's because "The Dead Zone" title itself so adequately relates to how JW's live, as well as how they view ones that have left, kind of a double or triple meaning type of phrase. Weird, I know.

Welcome!!

- Wing Commander

• St George of England
    St George of England
    In respect of the refusal of blood transfusion, the applicant association submits that there are no religious sanctions for a Jehovah's Witness who chooses to accept blood transfusion and that, therefore, the fact that the religious doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses is against blood transfusion cannot amount to a threat to public health.
    I would personally like miseryloveselders (or any other current JW) to comment. Was this a dishonest claim by the Watchtower?

YES. However as I understand it, if a JW has a blood transfusion, they are not disfellowshipped. They are assumed to have disassociated themselves however by taking a course contrary to the teachings of the Bible. Then end result, shunning, is the same. The difference is only on the report sent to the society.

This is what I was told, make of what you will.

George

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

When I attended meetings I was always told that unlike other religions children are not baptised as babies but wait until they can make their own mind up! However, my husband was forced by his mother at the age of 13/14 to be baptised, he really didn't want to be. Having read this thread it seems that he was not alone in being baptised against his wishes.

In the church which I attended as a child I was christened as a baby under the care of my parents but as I grew up it then became my choice and so at aged 13 I was confirmed. This was completely my decision. My three brothers were all christened like me but none of them went on to be confirmed as it was not their choice.

Therefore, the JWs constant criticism of other faiths baptising as babies falls a bit on stony ground as it is the confirmation that reconfirms this when the child is old enough to choose for themselves. As in my family only one in four was confirmed. Their argument that children are only baptised when they are ready appears to be another lie since my husband and others who have mentioned on this thread they were all forced to be baptised.

LI

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

After reading your comments people I've realised that I'm fucked up.As I mentioned I'm 20 and still not baptised (for they expect me to get baptised).I have been an Unbaptised Publisher since I was 12 years old.I wonder what the elders are going to tell me as time goes by.

• seawolf
    seawolf

SIDE NOTE: Whenever I see someone's name of "Johnny" I automatically think of Christopher Walken in the movie, "The Dead Zone". I don't know why, I just do. Maybe it's because "The Dead Zone" title itself so adequately relates to how JW's live, as well as how they view ones that have left, kind of a double or triple meaning type of phrase. Weird, I know.

I always think of the movie "Mad Max" and Johnny the Boy. When Goose's car flips over and Johnny and the toecutter are standing there "light me, Johnny"

Welcome, Johnny!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"this is contalini..... and contalini wants his hand back"

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

I only got baptized because my parents expected me to do so. From as far as I remember I knew something was wrong with the teachings, even as a small child at the age of 5 or 6. I always knew the day would come that I would have to make the decision and break my parents heart. So I took the chicken shit way out, I got DF. I was constantly drinking before going to or during field service or saying I had to go study with someone but really ended up at the movies or at the local arcade. Then came the party's at my house, trying to get the young jw girls to show me their boobies and more...lol- Oh yeah the good ol days. Im soooo glad the brainwash and programming never took completely. Its funny but sometimes its still there, like it was embeded on a computer chip in my brain!!! HAHA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit