Hello!

by factfinder 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Welcome. Glad to have you join us.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• factfinder
    factfinder

Wow! thank you everyone!

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words.

I guess the elders ignoring me is a blessing although in the past it bothered me a lot. I never hear from anyone in the congregation. They never even asked why I stopped going. I just do not matter to them. The congregation never really accepted me and made me feel like an outsider. I was a witness for nearly 30 years. Yes, I am very glad to no longer be controlled by a religion. It created much trouble for me at home and many disagreements and arguments and hurt feelings between me and my Mom. Especially not being able to celebrate my Mom's birthday or Mother's day hurt her and as she died ten years ago I can't in any way make it up to her.

Why did I let the witnesses control me like that?

I was told I won't see my parents in the resurrection and this makes dealing with my Mom's death harder to bear.

I appreciate all of the comments on this board. Most of you have experienced similar situations as I have and it is a help to me to see that in time I will be able to deal with all of this and (hopefully!) have a normal life!

Thanks again for the warm welcome and encouraging words, I'm glad to be here!

• Scott77
    Scott77
    The congregation never really accepted me and made me feel like an outsider. I was a witness for nearly 30 years.
    factfinder

Hi Factfinder,

Sorry to hear that. 30 years are alot of time of course. For me, its something like 16 to 20 years if add the three years of bible study I had. I have missed a good part of my best life but Iam now stabilizing.

Scott77

• breakfree
    breakfree

Welcome factfinder! I am also new here and so glad i found this place. I have alot of the same feelings as you about not knowing what to believe and feeling like there is no future. Its nice to talk to people on here who have also been where we are and have been able to get past these feelings. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive here

I havent been to a meeting in about 2 yrs and recently I have been being treated like I am DFed or DAed (although I am not). It really disgusts me how they will just discard a person like that.

I look forward to more of your posts!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi Scott77 and breakfree! Thank you!

So I am not the only one ignored by the congregation even though not Dfd or DAd.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I hope somethings I post will encourage others too.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    So I am not the only one ignored by the congregation even though not Dfd or DAd.

No, there are many of us who are simply ignored by their own congregations. I am one of them. It's only been 6/7 months that I've stopped cold turkey and apart from 2 people my so called friends have not even contacted me to see what's happened to me. Now those 2 friends have stopped completely as well. What love

So welcome breakfree & factfinder, great to see that we have all joined the human race and left this sad cult behind us.

3Mozzies

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Welcome factfinder how lovely to have you on board, you sound a real sweetie, I am very busy with work etc. but I read as much as I can and try to keep up and post where I can, so I do still miss a lot of posts only just seen you intro.

Sounds like youv'e been neglected and ignored over the years as many of us on here were, but you do matter to us there are some very kind people on here always ready to support and help. We have all had to start a new life and make new friends which takes time and effort, I was a born in, I was baptised over thirty years ago.

RosePetal

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi 3Mozzies! I'm sorry that your 2 friends are proving themselves to be false ones. It's a shame- people who told us they are our brothers and sisters who really care about us and love us and who would die for us just dump us completely once we stop attending meetings! I'm sorry you were ignored in your congregation too. Just further proof that we did not lose any friends by giving up meetings.

Hi RosePetal! Thank you very much! Yes, I was negleted and ignored, left out very often, and in 3 different congregations! I guess there is anti-semitism in the KH. Yes, There are kind people on this forum and it is good to know there are so many others who have had to deal with the lack of real love in the congregations. We can all encourage each other and we understand what each other have gone through!

I feel bad for you -you were born into the JW religion and missed out on the fun and holidays other children got to share in. And of course, as we all found out, the promised paradise earth never came.

Thank you both for your kind words and welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit