Alice

by Quillsky 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Essan there is a point of no return when it comes to mental illness. Hitler most likely had a mental illness and it doesn't help me "understand" why he killed all those Jews.

Not saying that Alice is on the same level, but it's a pretty clear cut way of explaining that the "mental health" card has limits.

-Sab

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"alice.in.wonderland is becoming a swear word around here.

-Sab"

I'm not sure I understand. I'm here to challenge opposing viewpoints; that's constructive. If you can't accept a challenge I assume you're just here to complain: that's not constructive.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

What a surprise Alice... Wow

It's like Essan and you are on the SAME page.

Rolling Eyes

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I'm here to challenge opposing viewpoints

Good for you, Alice. Make 'em think.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm not sure I understand. I'm here to challenge opposing viewpoints; that's constructive. If you can't accept a challenge I assume you're just here to complain: that's not constructive.

You sound just like a cousin of mine.

The "What? If you can't handle the truth then that's your problem not mine."

It's not the fact that you challenge people's views on this board that gives you your reprehensible wrap. It's the cheap shot after cheap shot after cheap shot after horrible despicable things you have said.

You are a Watchtower fanboy and you probably don't even go to meetings or really practice as one. You have allowed the religious bigots of Brookyln to think for you, so much so that you defend the WT in ways that are wholly questionable and sometimes blantently destructive.

But of course you can always hide behind the "You can handle the truth" argument.

Now shoo.

-Sab

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Remind you of Anyone??????

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Remind you of Anyone??????

Especially when you accuse her of malacious statements and she goes "Me? I never said that"

-Sab

• Essan
    Essan

Are you trying to say something to me Darth? I don't quite understand your responses above. :)

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Nope talking to Alice

LOL

• Essan
    Essan

Sab said: "Essan there is a point of no return when it comes to mental illness. Hitler most likely had a mental illness and it doesn't help me "understand" why he killed all those Jews. Not saying that Alice is on the same level, but it's a pretty clear cut way of explaining that the "mental health" card has limits."

I wasn't here for some of what I gather were Alice's worst excesses (regarding abuse, etc) so I suppose that hasn't formed my opinion of her in the same way it has others. I have had some pretty intense debates with her as Consfearacy and consequently was not her greatest fan - to put it very mildly.

Still, can't help having a soft spot - of course, that is largely based on my suspicion that she'll eventually see the "error of her ways", or rather the WT's ways, and on my suspicion that there is a lot more to her and her story that makes her the person she is presently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit