Alice

by Quillsky 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Alice, I have a sense that you've dug yourself a hole on this forum and don't know how to get out of it.

You would probably like to engage and share your stories as most of us do here, and as you've done in your child abuse thread, but you've created an antagonistic persona that makes it difficult for many to empathize with your real life concerns and experiences.

I suggest that you retire your "Alice in Wonderland" moniker and return as a normal poster, a JW with doubts. Many will understand, and you may make some friends.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Good advice, Q.

I think it's fascinating how people who can initially be so antagonistic to "apostates" soon realize how human we are, how fun we are, and how addicting and refreshing our company can be.

Perhaps it comes from having our real personalities suppressed for so long and now the opportunity to express ourselves fully is finally open.

They may fight us for a while, but they sure don't want to leave the board, and are often eventually won over to reality.

Here's to a future time "welcome back", Alice, whoever you may yet become.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Alice is only reaping what she has sown, but it's never to late to sow a better grade of seed

• fokyc
    fokyc

Some extremely good advice, IF it is heeded!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It won't work. Alice came back as Confearacy and was found out very quicly, and the same thing would happen again. But maybe it doesn't matter- I don't think anyone here would hold a grudge against Alice forever...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I think if she apologized to those victims she ridiculed/discounted that may go a long way.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Would like to see Alice drop in here - even if only to say "No, I'm not going to do it."

• sabastious
    sabastious

alice.in.wonderland is becoming a swear word around here.

-Sab

• Essan
    Essan

I have a soft spot for Alice. Strangely, I think many here do. And if she changed her approach I think she'd be made very welcome. I don't see people holding a grudge for long. There is a lot going on psychologically behind the scenes for Alice, I suspect, and I think many here intuit that and can't help bearing t in mind.

In a way, I'd be sad if she just came back with a different name and nobody knew who she was and she felt she had to hide her JWN past. We'd lose the sense of a 'journey' and she'd always feel she wouldn't be accepted if people knew who she really was. But I think she would be accepted.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Funny you would say that

Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit