need some advice

by looloo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

no nothing wrong at all.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I wasn't trying to make any hard and fast rule or statement. I just mean that I feel it is wrong to terminate life. I realize that it can take a certain length of time before the egg is fertilized. I merely stated that for me PERSONALLY I am uncomfortable with the morning after pill because the egg COULD have been fertilized. But that's my viewpoint. Like I said, some people don't believe that life starts at this time. And I respect that. I can completely understand people feeling that life has not truly begun until the heart begins to beat.

Obviously I'm pro life. But I'm not condemning anyone on here. Just was communicating my thought on the issue.

• ziddina
    ziddina

And need I point out, that "Every Sperm is Sacred" mentality dates back to the Dark Ages - and before - when people believed that the man's sperm contained a miniature baby, a "seed" [hence the frequent references to "seed" in the bible...] that is "planted" in the woman's womb, which only functions as a 'fertile' "field" for the "seed" to "grow" within...

This totally erroneous belief added to the MASSIVE denigration of women up to - and including - modern times...

In point of fact, it is the WOMAN who provides 90% [that's an approximation...] of the "life force" - the "essence" of life, as it is HER egg which determines 1/2 of the baby's genetic makeup, and it is HER body that nurtures the baby, protects the baby, and provides a safe environment for the baby to grow within...

Zid

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

It all depends on your conscience and set of beliefs. We can not really answer you that. But you can ask questions regarding facts and we can try to help. Does it make sense? And you asked advice about a pill not about how what kind of sexual behavior to have, so the comments about safe sex are none of or business.

• VampireDCLXV
  • looloo
    looloo

thankyou all especially ziddna that has made the decision so much easier ! by the way st george i am not a careless teenager but a 41 year old married woman with 3 kids , my eldest is 22 years old ! and because my job involves looking after people with downs syndrome im really scared at the moment so thanks for your advice about "safe sex" but sometimes condoms split !!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, BrotherDan, while we're on the subject, here's an article that indicates that up to 20% of pregnancies in America are terminated SPONTANEOUSLY - in other words, the mother's body aborts the baby without any mechanical or chemical inducements...

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/1001/p1243.html

The article states, "Spontaneous abortion, which is the loss of a pregnancy without outside intervention before 20 weeks’ gestation, affects up to 20 percent of recognized pregnancies. ..."

Doesn't that give one pause?? In the NATURAL ORDER, abortions occur WITHOUT HUMAN INDUCEMENT in around 20% of the pregnancies!!!

That should say something about "god's" attitude towards the 'sacredness' of pregnancy and induced abortions, don't you think??

Zid

• cult classic
    cult classic

Zid I was gonna post similar comment.

I just wanted to reassure you about something. I know what the stats are on Downs syndrome, but I know several women who've had babies in their 40s born absolutely healthy. In fact the only downs babies that I personally know (3) were born when the mother was in her late 20s.

I do know the risk is higher but it still is just stats. Hope that helps. And best wishes!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Your body spontaneously terminating a pregnancy and a person choosing to end a life at 20 weeks is a very different thing. I'm really not arguing your view point. All I am saying is that I feel it is wrong to end life before or after birth.

Along with a womans body spontaneously aborting a baby, it also can develop cancer or other disease spontaneously. It can cause birth defects. Just because the body naturally does something, doesn't mean that should give us license to do it ourselves. That's all I mean. I don't view sperm as something sacred. I view LIFE as something sacred. Ending a life is the only issue I've been discussing.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

The morning after pill slows down the sperm from reaching an egg it doesnt kill an embreyo it stops one from starting.thats why u have to take it "the morning after" at least thats what a pharmacist told me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit