need some advice

by looloo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

is it wrong to take morning after pill ?

• Nathan Natas
  • laverite
    laverite

No, it's not. It's generally available OTC in N. America and in much of Europe.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It depends on how you define "life". Does life start the moment the egg is fertilized? I personally think so, but I think it is up to each individual to define when life begins. Does life begin once the heart starts beating? It's totally up to your conscience IMO.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Only if the life-begins-at-conception thing matters to you. If you've already left the borg, don't wory about it.

V665

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That depends on your own belief and value system. Do you mean wrong in the eyes of the JWs? Probably. In the eyes of god? I don't know. You've got to make the decision based on your beliefs and circumstances. If you are going to use it you need to do it ASAP because there is a very slim window of effectiveness for the morning after pill.

• St George of England
    St George of England

But perhaps you ought to give safe sex some thought.

George

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "It depends on how you define "life". Does life start the moment the egg is fertilized? ..."

Uhhh, sorry, BrotherDan, I'm "picking" on you again, but...

"Conception" does NOT occur immediately AFTER intercourse...

In fact, in that 12 to 24 hour-time-span between the 'act' and taking the pill, the sperm probably haven't even made it up to the egg....

If there even is an egg available to fertilize...

http://www.beyondfertility.com/art206.htm

According to this website, under certain circumstances it may take a WEEK for the sperm to "fertilize" the egg, which means that taking the "morning after" pill will do little more than clean out the womb of any stray mucus and waiting sperm...

Unless you're of the "Every Sperm Is Sacred" way of thinking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Zid

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

If you have no problem with the pill or the shot, then you shouldn't have a problem with the morning after pill.

In layman's terms, the morning after pill triggers your period to start, just like the last week of your regular birth control pill. Any possible fertilized egg should be unable to implant in your uterus.

And Zid is right, it can take a while for fertilization to occur.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Wow Zid! We learn something new everyday...

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit