How does a person move up in the WTS?

by Libelle 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Libelle
    Libelle

I guess I should have said, "how does a man move up" since they're a male-only ruling class...

What does it take to become an elder, and so on up? I don't really think The Mr. is in the running for any special titles, but just in case in the future something along these lines happens, how does the hierarchy work? (Probably not a true consideration, being that he's married to me, but hey, I'm sure stranger things have happened).

-Libelle

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

2 words. "Kissing Up". If you get in good with the right men, you will move up quickly. If you do as you are told, are dependable, and they like you, you will move up fast. If you make any sort of waves, then you'll just be holding yourself back. How do people get circuit assembly or district convention parts? They kissed up to the right CO or DO. Getting your nose nice and brown will move you up faster than anything.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Pioneering and crazy amounts of time in the field circus helps too. It's all asinine anyway...

V665

• wasblind
    wasblind

If he starts movin' up, don't kiss him in the mouth !!!!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    (Probably not a true consideration, being that he's married to me, but hey, I'm sure stranger things have happened).

In my wife's cong there is a man who I think is a Ministerial Servant TM and he's married to an unbeliever.

If you get in good with the right men, you will move up quickly. If you do as you are told, are dependable, and they like you, you will move up fast. If you make any sort of waves, then you'll just be holding yourself back.

Sad thing is, this sound just like any man made organization. I wonder how much 'kissing up' did David of the Old Testament do to get his rank?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The easiest way to move up for either gender is to nibble some crackers and sip some wine one night per year.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

How to move up:

1. Dress and groom according to the rules

2. Go 'witnessing' at least every saturday.

3. Make sure to 'mark' your watchtower

4. Comment at all the meetings.

5. Auxillary pioneer at least once a year

6. always say yes.

7. become an Elders pet

and the male will rise in the ranks automaticaly.

oz

• Farkel
    Farkel

:How does a person move up in the WTS?

You want the reasons in order-of-importance? Ok.

1. Loyalty

2. Loyalty

3. Loyalty

4. Loyalty

5. Loyalty

6. Loyalty

7. Loyalty

8. Loyalty

9. Loyalty

10. Loyalty

Those are the first 10 reasons I can think of. The other reasons are insignificant.

Farkel

• Podobear
    Podobear

WT is as elitist as any other worldly corporation. If you pull all the right strings, and brown nose the right people, you will progress in the chain of power and command. I can agree with all the comments here.

I was "groomed" by a very "Spiritual" Circuit Overseer, wonderful man and wife team who taught all the right reasons for taking on theocratic responsibilities. I was delighted to see him and his wife praised by many of the UK posters here.

Sadly, the reality at Bethel was a real shock.. I found myself in the middle of an Organisation Progrom, and stood up and spoke out for what I felt was right.

Please feel free to examine the bullet hole wound in my right temple.

Podo

• Libelle
    Libelle

Hmm, well it seems that he does do some of the requirements. He doesn't really tell me a whole lot about his "privleges" but I do know he's been asked now and again to do some "important things," and has even given a few talks. He doesn't go door knockin' on Saturday. I've put my foot down and made that our family day - though JW stuff does get in the way sometimes, still (like a party for this or that reason). He does spend most of the day sunday doing that sort of stuff, though. Who knows, maybe he will tell me when/if he steps up in the ranks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit