November 2010 Awake! about "new atheism"

by processor 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

I hope somebody sends the article to Pat Condell when it comes out. He'll make a lovely video about it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

So how do I get to go on an "Atheism March"?

God the WTS's "department of lies and fabrication" must be working overtime.

• processor
    processor
    Was this "religion as a snare and a racket" before or after that sign that says "Religion as a peace-maker" in that picture above?

Good point. At least the lecture "Government and Peace" that is also mentioned on that picture was held in 1939. A talk by Rutherford in the Sydney Town Hall was announced (but prevented by opposers) in 1938, but I don't know if that was the "Religion as a Peace-Maker" topic mentioned on the poster.

The "religion is a snare and a racket" campaign seems to have started in 1938. So it seems that the "religion is a snare and a racket" and "religion as a peace-maker" campains overlapped. That means "a snare and a racket as a peace-maker".

Anyway, "religion is a snare and a racket" and "Jehovah's Witnesses are the true religion". Hence Jehovah's Witnesses are the true snare and the true racket.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Thanks for the compliment Startingover! Glad someone else is still high on the beautiful things in life.. Podo

• booby
    booby

processor - looked at that picture again and on the sound truck it says "religion is a snare and a racket" so I guess they were already into the overlapping idea back then.

• processor
    processor
    on the sound truck it says "religion is a snare and a racket"

Oh, you're right.

I couldn't find anything regarding this "Religion as a Peace-Maker" lecture. Maybe it was about false religion as a counterfeit peace-maker?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Why is this marcher evil ...

Isn't it OBVIOUS?

He's got a beard, not only that it's a GOATEE!

George

• carla
    carla

marking

• Copernic
    Copernic

And again the same claim : "Atheism = terror. See Pol Pot, Mao, Staline ! "

You can listen the hoaxes given here : http://www.jw.org/

Sam Harris & Richard Dawkins will burn in Hell !!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

George, you beat me to it! Tee hee hee! Yes... beards are evil.

The WTS and JWs are all about an 'Us vs Them' mentality. It helps to justify their isolationism and the ideal that they are God's Chosen. Of course, if you're an atheist, this means they were chosen by no one.

Which also means the importance they place on themselves is all in their own delusional minds and has absolutely no value outside of their world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit