Jehovah's Witnesses are depressing

by wannabefree 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

WANNABFREE- Yeah, I agree. The whole WT society & JW cult lends itself to depression. I mean, it's ridiculous. They use scriptures like " better it is to go to the house of mourning than the house of rejoicing " . That certainly lends itself to staying in a depression mode for sure ! They are so morose . I'd be morose too if I knew a magazine printing company had promised me falsehoods for 130 years - yet still no paradise. I actually feel sorry for JW members- but not their leaders duping them

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Not only are they depressing but I think it's not mentally healthy to be around them. Once you've been awakened it's literally torturous to be in that environment again.

• sabastious
    sabastious

"I know that in the end Jehovah will do the the right thing..."

-Sab

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is depressing to be around people that want everything you do to fit into what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells them. This includes wasting all their time in field circus, being dirt poor because they cannot get a better job and not be looked down on, and bans on everything that's fun. They are not allowed to do anything like celebrating holidays and birthdays. They do not have major milestones--the ones they do have are downplayed. Instead, it is all boasting sessions and field circus.

And, when they do talk about something fun, it is always in a negative light. Christmas? Bah! Humbug! They bash Christmas as being pagan--without looking at the first Christmas at Luke 2:10-14. Birthdays? You mean cutting off someone's head for your birthday? Never mind that no one lost their head during the first Christmas, which is Christ's birthday. Thanksgiving? Or, Pigout Day? Halloween--the Devil's holiday. Patriotic holidays, worshiping your country. And, even if things are not outright banned, they have so many rules that the fun is lost--and they discuss how wicked it is to not observe every single one of them.

At least in the world, even with president Osama Obama doing a perfect job at trashing the country, worldly people don't go around bashing everything that is in the slightest bit fun. They don't go calling people "urine" and "poison" because they feel like going for a little camping trip one weekend or wish to celebrate Christmas. They don't go bashing people just because they think the president is doing a pxxx poor job as president. They also don't bash people that wish to go to another church, or don't belong to any church at all (in the Bible belt, the unaffiliated are offered multiple churches, but no one gets offended because they pick another church).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit