Boxing or MMA...

by peacedog 25 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

So true... there's not many easy fights in MMA.

One hour til the prelims... can't wait!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Who you are picking in the title fight, Edgar or Penn?

I like Edgar, he lives near me and a friend of mine's son trains at his gym on occasion, but BJ Penn can be amazing.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Id love to see boxing win this time because theyve gotten a really bad wrap lately....there are few spectacular boxing fights anymore..so Toney winning would be great for "them" ...but it wont happen ...Randy gona show him a few things im betting....nobody calls Randy a princess and gets away with it!

(BTW..for those who are into the fighters, ,i was surprised to find out Nate Quarry was raised a JW)

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Randy's gonna murder Toney.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Love this quote from MMAJUNKIE.com:

"Toney's shoulder roll not quite as effective on his back"

BTW, Couture submitted him early in the 1st.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Toney looked like the beached whale that he is. Couture never broke a sweat. Toney never landed ONE punch.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Rumor has it the SEA SHEPHERD CONSERVATION SOCIETY has a contract out on Randy Couture

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/sea-shepherd/

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I feel bad for the dudes that actually paid for this on PPV LOL. How much was it? SportsCenter showed the entire fight in less time than their commercial breaks LOL. Showtime showed the last Marquez vs Vasquez fight last night too, which was a replay. It was only about 10 minutes long. I got more bang for my buck on those than PPV. What is wrong with MMA lately? Their main events as of late have for lack of a better word.....sucked.

• peacedog
    peacedog

The question of what is the best martial art was answered at UFC 1... there was really no reason for this fight other than to sell tickets and maybe get some boxing fans' eyeballs onto MMA.

Defintely was not the best PPV I've ever seen, but there were a couple decent fights on the card... and I did enjoy watching Toney eat his words (courtesy of Couture's fists).

I think every other fight on the main card went the distance. Edgar looked outstanding beating BJ Penn (again), dominating him in every single round. (I really don't know why Penn deserved the rematch in the fist place...) Maynard beating Florian was a shock to some people... He'll fight Edgar next.

Hometown boy Lauzon put on a clinic against Ruediger on the undercard...

• peacedog
    peacedog

misery, did you catch the previous UFC? 117? I thought Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen was a great main event. And Lesnar vs. Carwin (UFC 116) was good, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit