Okay, men...need your opinion here, please...

by diana netherton 25 Replies latest social relationships

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

As I troll through the minefield of cadishness in the dreary dating world I am endeavouring to somewhat understand

the words that spill out of a man's mouth -- the real meaning versus the words.

Words: I like you and I like your friendship. Meaning: Piss off???

• JWoods
    JWoods

It means he has found somebody new, but wants to keep you around for a while as a backup.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, gotta agree with my man, Woods. Guys are usually VERY literal in what they say. Girls tend to have a DEEP meaning in certain things they say. If he says he values your friendship, then he's not feeling the spark, but wants to keep you around in a non-romantic way. I would NEVER say that to a girl that I was into.

• Essan
    Essan

It all depends on the man. There isn't one meaning for certain statements.

For some men saying what you quoted could mean "piss off". For others it might men they are signaling that they view you as an equal and that their attraction to you goes way deeper than merely physical. It could actually be a very positive sign, rather than a negative one.

You'll have to let the context be the guide. There isn't an easy answer.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Men are ok with lady friends, provided they are in a stable and happy relationship, if not we just wanna bone every female we know, unless they are real ugly and then, we don't wanna knwo them.

You aren't ugly, far from that, so unless he has found someone special and truly wants you as a friend, it may be just as Jwoods said.

Sorry.

Women always try to figure out men but the truth is, don't bother, we aren;t that deep and your first instinct is usually right.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Anything less than a 'Yes' is a 'No'.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I know this might sound crazy, but you could always ask him.

• Terry
    Terry

Men are predators. Their camouflage is lying.

Some are better at it than others.

The only defense a woman has is her natural skepticism. It manifests as doubt.

If you have doubt your alarm is ringing.

Nature (i.e. evolution) has a timed release capsule of hormones which serves to over-ride doubt so that you can replenish the species.

The symptom of this is doubting your doubt and asking strangers for advice!

If you can't trust your own mind and values how can you determine how and whom to trust a man?

Pretending any man is the "right" guy when your doubt alarm went off is swimming with the sharks.

You may want a relationship with somebody but you will end up just being his "chum."

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

we usually mean what we say. he likes you as a friend. period. now you can ask him what kind of friends

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

You lot are brilliant...thanks for the advice. I should trust my instinct, and I will.

I guess I'm wasting my time and there are plenty of men that are interested in me that

perhaps aren't so wishy-washy. My bad. I made a vow to myself to STOP being that

woman...the friend one the booty call one. Thanks. A good dose of reality is what's is prescribed.

So I guess it's back on the market for me.....ugh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit