The Greatest Lesson the Watchtower Ever Taught Me

by jamiebowers 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Thetis
    Thetis

When I read your post, I immediately thought of the Bob Dylan song "Make You Feel My Love"

"when the rain is blowing in your face

and the whole world(JW) is on your case

I could offer you a warm embrace

To make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear

And there is no one there to dry your tears

I could hold you for a million years

To make you feel my love........

Your posts are so encouraging. Thank you!

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thank you for sharing that. It is a painful thing no one should ever go through. I'm glad you have your brother to confide in. The WT is evil in being a catalyst to take what should be an everlasting unconditional love of mother to child and ripping it to pieces in the name of God and love.

It takes strength, courage and a lot of love to rise above that. It's not an easy thing to do. It gives me lots to think about as to how I deal with my anger and hurt. Sharing love with others is a much better path than wallowing in hate. You've shown it can be done. I hope your mother gets better soon.

I wish you and your brother all the best. Thank you for your inspiring words.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Inspiring post Jamie ,thank you for sharing .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

These are some of the lessons that stand out from my experience with the religion:

I learned never to believe anybody who makes divine claims. I learned never to believe anybody who claims to make prophecies or be the fulfillment of prophecies. I learned never to believe anybody who tells me I should just 'trust' them and never listen to anybody else. I learned never to believe anybody who tries to tell me I shouldn't trust my instincts of self-preservation. I learned never to trust anybody who has their own 'special' translation of the bible.

All in all, I learned never to believe or trust in anybody who uses emotional blackmail or claims that they alone have 'truth'.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Some post leave you speechless especially when they end so beautifully

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Beautiful post. Thank you for writing it.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Much appreciated, Jamie.

V665

• doublelife
    doublelife

Aw.

I just don't know what else to say. That was so beautiful.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Jamie, your post made me sad & happy at the same time. Sad at what you've lost, but happy that you've taken a horrible situation and turned it around for the good of others. You're awesome!

• badseed
    badseed

LongHairGal, I too have come to the same conclusions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit