Hello To All

by DakotaRed 18 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Thank you for the warm reception. However, a little clarification is in order. I do not live in the Dakotas, but in Washington State. I chose that name as I drive a bright red Dakota pickup truck, my baby, so to speak.

As to the rest, my wife and all three of her kids have all been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, manic depressives, you name it. The same docotrs give me a clean bill of health and do not prescribe any medications for me, but I am considered the one with the problems. Go figure, huh?

This is my third marriage and I honestly feel that in time, there will be enough interference from the JWs to fully destroy the marriage. I have tried to point this out to the wife, but like was said, it is a total waste of time. Whether or not she asks the elders means little to me. I have let them all know they have absolutely no say so in my house. I include the wife in every decision I have to make and often, get little or no feedback. She does complain to me that I don't do things with her, but almost every day, she is off either at a meeting or some JW social function. Of course, I am not welcome at those functions and will not attend any meetings.

One thing I did note early on: when the JWs found out I was an auto mechanic, they were very friendly to me, when their cars needed fixed. Even when inactive, the only calls I got were car related. Once I made it known that I didn't do "side jobs," the calls and friendship abated. Of course, now that I am DA'd, since early 2000, they won't even come to the dealership I work at. I see that as simply their loss.

I doubt I will join any churches in the future as I have been to many over my lifetime and have come to believe that all religion is hypocritical. God does not mandate any religious affiliation, in my opinion and we can research and draw to him with the Bible without the aid of man slanting things to suit their whim. I am not an atheist by any means, but have come to reject religion as manmade, all of them. I do have quite a library, both of Watchtower related publications and many others from various scholars and religions and all have abused the scriptures, in my opinion. I do not and have never accepted the trinity, but do not condemn those that do. To me, true Christianity is summed up at John 13:34,35.

Funny thing is, I once brought that scripture up to an elder that was perturbed that I had the audacity to challenge him on scripture and he didn't even know what it said.

To me, when we can comply with John 13:34,35, then we have truly found Christ and realize that almost all of the other arguments seem quite petty.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to associating with you all.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Dakota, welcome to the riverbank. We can ponder over yesteryear throw a few stones into the water and watch the ripples, whatever you like.

ISP

• Celtic
    Celtic

Dear DakotaRed

Good to see you here and I'll be looking forward to reading some of your posts.

Greetings from the very far SW tip of the UK in Cornwall.

Peace & whatknot

Mark
    [email protected]
    * http://www.can-online.org.uk

No affiliation with the cult awareness network, CAN stands for Community Action Network, an independent UK 'think tank' in social exclusion issues contributing towards social policy and community regeneration.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi Dikota and welcome
    Sorry about your family situation
    If you need a place to vent or bump heads,
    this is the place.

plm

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hi DR, nice to see someone with the balls to stick up for himself. I'm still slinking along, just avoiding the dubbies until they finally catch me seeing an R rated movie or something.

But, deal with the daughter for now, she'll see the light when they start to rule her life, tell her who she can marry, etc.

ashi

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Ashi says == "Hi DR, nice to see someone with the balls to stick up for himself. I'm still slinking along, just avoiding the dubbies until they finally catch me seeing an R rated movie or something."

Hi Ashi, maybe sticking up for myself was what got me in bad with them in the first place. If that is so, then so be it! I never did cowtow to the elders and although liked what I read and heard, remained a free thinker and did my own research. Nor did I ever stop watching R rated movies. LOL, the thought amuses me. I was in my mid forties when baptised and I could just see an elder 10 years my junior complaining about what I watched. Especially after I saw some of the video games they allowed their children to play in their homes.

As for the step-daughter, there isn't much I can do. She will have to find out on her own. They all will, I have done what I can to show them. They still expect me to leave the room if a witness comes over. Sorry, I refuse to be made uncomfortable in my own house. I am just funny that way.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, DR. Love your sign. LOL I was wondering what they would try to do if the elders had told your wife that you couldn't put that sign up. Would they try to shove you in the cellar when the JWs stopped by?

I just love how they expect everyone to follow the "rules"...to the point of your leaving the room when the "holy ones" come visiting. What a crock! If they're uncomfortable with your being there, let them go elsewhere. Sheesh.....it's YOUR house.

My Mom was a JW for years before my Dad finally got baptized (just to make her happy, I'm sure). He had a service station for years that was fairly close to the KH where my sister and brother-in-law attended meetings.

He tried to help out the pioneers and the CO by giving them auto servicing for just the cost of the parts......not charging them for labor.

He used to get really angry when they would come to his service station for a free oil change, and then go across the street to buy gas because it was 1 cent cheaper there.

Then, the elders had the gall to stomp into the station one day near Christmas, demanding that my Dad take down the Christmas tree that he had set up for his employees (remember, Dad was not a JW at this time).

• Makena1
    Makena1

Dakota - I too loved your sign, and the way you think. You have got an incredible grasp of KH politics.

Looking forward to future posts.

Best regards,
    Mak

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• razorMind
    razorMind

Hello and welcome, DakotaRed.

To you, Garybuss, and Out4good3, a thumbs-up for refusing to be treated like shit in your own house(s). I enjoyed your stories. The sign's a great idea, and Garybuss your calling your JW relatives up one by one was great, too.

Welcome again, and feel free to vent here anytime...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit