Help apriciated - Where in WT publications does it say, that even close family member should be shunned if DF/DA

by Albert Einstein 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

*** w88 4/15 p. 28 par. 14 Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit ***

14 The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum, in line with the divine principle: "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man."—1 Corinthians 5:11.

-------------------------------------------

This still allows an indefinite amount of contact. I'm not suggesting having breakfast in a public place once a week but certainly you can discuss:

Legal healthcare matters

Legal financial matters

Guardianship re children

Discussion of property held in common

Discussion of family businesses held in common

Taking care of parents with dementia/alzheimers

And then whatever else you need. It is confidential, personal matters, none of the business of the elders.

-------

I have seen elders rideshare with df'd adult children

I have definite proof that elders called adult children at work daily

And comments to other elders in that congregation were met with the statement "family business matters" makes it allowable.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You can be disfellowshipped for associating with disfellowshipped family in some circumstances.

"?Normally, a close relative would not be disfellowshipped for associating with a disfellowshipped person unless there is spiritual association or an effort made to justify or excuse the wrongful course.?" Pay Attention to Yourselves and all the Flockp.103
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

aha thanks for posting this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit