Could you be DF'd for holding hands during prayer?

by dissed 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    With the new 'brazen' understanding, a person can be DF'd for not just breaking a scriptural wrong (example; fornication) but a simple WT rule 'if' you have a bad attitude and refused to comply.

Again, just for the sake of lurkers, so they don't think all posters on this board are stark raving bonkers:

The book has not been published yet. No one knows what it contains.

There was a letter to BOEs describing the introduction of a new term, "brazen conduct" to supplement/clarify the NWT term "loose conduct".

But that is all. Anything beyond that is pure, unadulterated, 100% speculation.

As of the current date, 8/26/2010, you will not be disfellowshipped for "holding hands during a prayer".

Will the new book provide new standards for disfellowshipping?

Maybe, maybe not.

No one knows until the book is published.

• dissed
    dissed

@ sir82 -

Your wrong again......

• sir82
    sir82

Good to know.

Can you point me to a scan of the new elders' manual?

• steve2
    steve2

Is this thread based on actual quotes from a watchtower publication? If not, what a crazy question! Shouldn't everyone's eyes be closed during prayer?

• Balsam
    Balsam

I recall a young couple were publicly reproved for holding hands before they were married. They were engaged but the elder felt it was wrong to hold hands since they weren't married. They were permitted to sit with each other once they became engaged. Its really weird looking back on it.

Ruth

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Don't you think this is just a weeee bit premature?

Kinda like yelling at a telemarketer before the phone even rings.

W

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

The terminology is being changed for the use of broader control…”Brazen and or loose conduct”. Brazen could mean to be defiant, to stand your ground or even defy –challenge. So when they push their unscriptural rules on you they will be able to say they have the authority to demand that you comply-- based on the new reasoning of what “loose conduct” implies. It has been said that not going along with what the”wicked” elders suggest is going against their god given authority. I have witnessed this first hand…there are elders that will take this to mean they can control every aspect of your life---like it or get out...or...stand your ground. If it is not scripturally wrong then they really have no ground to stand on. I have facial hair, no rebellion just because I want to. They don’t really like it but not much they can really do. Call it “brazen” but don’t dare think you can DF me for it. I also put my arm around my wife and I dare anyone to tell me otherwise. I am not a tough guy just solid in what I know to be right.

• dissed
    dissed

sir82 -

I don't know what your problem is, but I would suggest you re-read my original comment, perhaps a bit more slowly so you can get the sense of what was written. Then follow that up with my thoughts after Blondies comment. Again, try reading it slowly which may help you. Just a suggestion, respectfully given. You will find all your complaints were already answered thoroughly and completely. No need to be silly and debate this. Its just food for thought for you and others to consider and digest.

I think you got caught up on a preconceived notion which is causing you to come to a wrong conclusion of where this post was headed. jmo

If it makes you feel any better, you can have the last word and we can move on.

• cognizant dissident
  • Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

You can get DFed for any damn reason they please. End of story. It's always been like that. If they want to DF you, they'll find a way to do it. All they need is the urge, not any evidence or scriptural backing. The "brazen" change simply puts what they've been practicing for decades into writing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit