by bobfleur 18 Replies latest jw friends

• bobfleur
    bobfleur

Hello everyone, my name is bOB and I am a recovering Jehovah's Witness. I have a beautiful wife and four equally beautiful children. My major malfunction is that I am very much a believer and as most here would agree, some major teachings do not line up in harmony with Scripture.

God used the help of a pastor friend of mine and together we were able to show my wife from the bible certain biblical truths do not line up with "the truth". She fought (and continues) like a caged tiger when we study but has remained with me.

We left officially last winter, the biggest problem now is the loss of friends. I have not been able to began to replace the association we had with Christian fellowship outside the organization.

• wasblind
    wasblind

welcome to the forum bobfleur

• bobfleur
    bobfleur

thank you wasblind!

• Lillith26
  • nelly136
    nelly136

nice to meet you Bob

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome, bobfleur.

Enjoy the rationality and insanity of this circus...

We're here for you,

V665

• goldensky
    goldensky

Dear bobfleur, welcome to the board. You've been honest with yourself and very fortunate that your wife has agreed to join you. I'm sure both of you will find your way in your search for truth. All the best to the six of you!

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome bobfleur! I'm so glad your wife came out with you and that you have your family together.

The association part can be a bit challenging. Perhaps you can try to get involved in some of your local community groups. You could have your children's friends over to your home and you can invite the parents over for a coffee or a BBQ. It will take some time to build up a new set of friends but it can be done! There are many nice people out there and I'm sure you will have some new friends soon. One day at a time.

I wish you and your family all the best!

Hadit

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi bob Welcome to the forum so glad you were able to awaken. I am sending you a Private Message.

RosePetal

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Welcome to the forum. Glad you're all out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit