The Lords Evening Meal: Partaking and Awakening

by Generation Me 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Generation Me
    Generation Me

So I chose to attend the Memorial last night. It was a hall I don't usually go to but chose to go there because I felt like it would be the closest. Mind you I am not a JW and was never raised a JW and don't have any family who are JW. I used to be a study but I am now currently not a study. I would define myself as Christian though. Anyways so I went to the Memorial to do some "apostate" hunting. Since I didn't know any of the regulars who attended that congregation I actually realized that was harder then I thought it would be!

Now I was heading to the bathroom and looking at the table of new literature and a man shows up beside me and is talking to himself "anything new, anything new?" I recognized those words because as a study, I used to mumble those same words to myself when looking for literature. I saw that he had NO tie so I asked him "Hey, what's your story?" It turns out he was a and Elders "Bible study." He has been going to the meetings and has loved what he was learning. Knowing TTATT I thought this would be a good opportunity to shed some "new light" on a few subjects for him. There were a few witnesses near by ease-dropping on our conversation...I could tell so I just went for it. I discussed with him the failed end of the world prophesies (1914, 1925, 1975) and discussed the Shepherd the Flock of God book, the requirements of salvation for Jehovah's Witnesses from the 83 ariticle "You Can Live on a Paradise Earth, but How?" since this study believed that JWs were saved by faith alone. I explained to him all these things weren't the case. I discussed with him "insider information" vs "outside information", I also discussed a little bit about Beth Sarim and Russel's pyramidology and at that point the memorial was about to start. He enjoyed our conversation so much and kept telling me "you have me thinking!!!"

So I invited this study to sit with me and we sat right in the front row! I heard the talk discussing how only the 144,000 should partake of the emblems. I felt the scriptures he used to mold the talk to prove the vast majority should not partake of the emblems was very horribly done. The speaker conveniently left out John 6: 48-58 (for a good reason)

"48 “I am the bread of life. 49 Your forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet they died. 50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world."

"52 Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when your forefathers ate and yet died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.

I was explaining to this study John 6 and showed him a few of these scriptures. I was whispering (I am not a good whisperer...I am bad at being quiet) but I was saying it loud enough that the young witness girls who I met earlier who ranged 13-18 were ease dropping on everything I was saying to this study. So in light of that the emblems began to pass. The study was handed the plate first then he past it on to me. Before I passed it on to the elder (since we were the only ones in the first row) I took a cracker and I ate it and every single bite lead into the loudest crunch sound you would ever hear. Right away the room filled up with whispers. I looked back and everyone was whispering to each other looking at me.

Then it was time for the wine. Again I was the second to have the wine and when it came to me I took a small sip and passed it to the elder standing near by. Again the room should of been silent at the time but all you hear is a loud array of whispers the instant I took the wine. The whispers continued until the emblem ceremony was complete. I explained to the bible study beside me why I took the wine and ate the cracker. I discussed with him that taking of the bread and wine, you are simply proclaiming the Lords death (1st Corinthians 11:25,26).

So the ceremony came to an end and not a lot of people came up to talk with me after that. An elder did and I told him the talk was alright, but the speaker totally skipped John 6 so I directed him there to read for later. We discussed some things for around 10 minutes and then it came time to leave. The study offered to drive me home and you could tell there was an odd energy from the elder and his wife (because the study noticed it too) that two wordlys of the opposite sex were going to be in the car alone together.

So on the way home I discussed with him the blood transfusion doctrine, disfellowshipping, BOE letters, the buying and selling of kingdom halls, the elders videos, I discussed with him about "bethel moles" and told him about the talk from Elder "Little Toe" and how so many people are trapped inside but if they leave, they will loose all their family and friends, and possibly their jobs and their homes. He said I really got him thinking and he was so happy that I approached him. I got his number and we are going to meet for coffee and I am going to give him the "411" on any topic he wants with regards to TTATT.

I told him don't stop studying with the Witnesses right away. Get all viewpoints and opinions...not just mine (yet I know for a fact they won't tell him the same thing, they will tell him to look at JW.BORG only.)

Anyways, I was hoping to have a chance of making at least someone attending THINK but I ended up having a whole conversation with a study on TTATT.

Anyways, it was a good night. I was happy to not reject the convent of Jesus in front of everyone and was happy to discuss with that Bible Study about TTATT.

I will keep you guys updated on the awakening of this feller!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its hard to believe this actually happened. Hope it did, but you shared some good points on this forum for people here to review.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Witnesses round about who heard you, were in a Catch-22 situation; they lose if they tell you to shut up, and they lose because the Bible study is hearing what they don't want him to hear!!

Win-win for TTATT!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Gen me, you are a brave soul!! Someday I hope to be like you and not constantly worry what people think of me and worry about getting their approval! Last memorial I went to, I was still technically a witness, but fading, and did not have the courage to partake, even though I knew it was wrong not to. I felt like crap afterwards. I promised myself I would never reject Jesus' sacrifice again, so I haven't been to a witness memorial since (but partake regularly at church). You are amazing and gave a great witness (though surely people were all calling you 'crazy' and 'weird'), you made a strong impression on this person about to decide to go the wrong way.
  • Generation Me
    Generation Me
    Why is it hard to believe this happened? What part of this expirence seems out of touch with reality?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Crazyguy probably finds it hard to believe that you were THAT gutsy, and that lucky, to talk to a study as well.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Generation, I believe it's possible that what you say happened. I just can't understand your motivation? I mean you have no familly in the cult and have not been ostracized by them. What are you trying to accomplish? I ask these questions respectfully.
  • Generation Me
    Generation Me

Well I wasn't raised a witness. I am not DFd so I cant be punished for speaking my mind. I am not in the org so they cant DF me. They cant kick me out either. They cant silence me or put a halt my opinions.

I have no family to please or friends to impress either.

I can relate to a bible study and told him what I wish someone told me.

What is so hard to believe in my circumstance? :)

• Generation Me
    Generation Me

My motivation is to help others in ways DFd people or faders can't.

I can speak and not be silenced.

I can act without disappointing family and friends.

Many people wish they can do what I do. It's an amazing display of freedom that many don't have.

• Generation Me
    Generation Me

I may help to wake up someones mother they havent seen in years. A father that ostrasizes his own son. A friend that has abandon a life long companion based on religion.

I may help someone on the fence or someone feeling trapped that needs to discuss with another who can relate with their situation.

I feel like I have the "guts" to potentially help others that faders and DFd individuals cant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit