Top 5 Flawed Teachings

by MrFreeze 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Here are five flawed WT teachings that have no basis in scripture or contradict scripture:

1) Jesus is mediator only for the anointed--not for the vast majority of christians. This directly contradicts 1 Timothy 2:5.

2) Certain sins cannot be forgiven unless confessed before a tribunal of men. No scriptural support for this.

3) Prophecies with multiple fulfillments--for example, Daniel's "seven times." Nothing in the Bible says that prophecies, such as the "seven times" of Daniel, have an additional "modern-day" fulfillment.

4) Allowing women to comment and give parts on meetings. This directly contradicts Paul's clear statement at 1 Cor. 14:34-35 that women are to be silent in church. (as a side note, I think this is misogynistic, but if you're going to take the Bible literally then don't pick and choose)

5) God has always used an organization. Ok, so who was the organization during the time of Job, Abraham, the middle Ages, etc.? And even when God did use an organization (the nation of Israel), he constantly sent prophets--who were individuals outside the religious and political leadership--to condemn the leaders of the organization when they were doing/teaching wrong things. Thus, even when God did use an organization, he endorsed dissent against it when warranted.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I'll give it a shot:

#5 - Hate, in a Godly sense, is Godly.

#4 - Blind loyalty counts more for our salvation than honesty and integrity.

#3 - "Helping the needy is not part of our Corporate Charter." (Fred Franz actually said this)

#2 - Fluid doctrine is proof of God's approval

And for the BIGGEST lie of all:

#1 "The Governing Body speaks for God"

Farkel

• peacedog
    peacedog

Just for fun, I'd probably list their top 5 flawed teachings as:

1) A blood transfusion is "against God's law". There was never a better example of "going beyond what is written" than this...

2) Jesus is an angel. Irrefutably disproven by Heb 1:5 and 1:13:

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

3) The ending of the "Gentile Times" in October 1914. First, the calculation itself (which is wholly nonsensical to begin with) starts with a date for the fall of Jerusalem that NO HISTORICAL SOURCE (including the bible) supports. Second, NOTHING HAPPENED in October, 1914. WWI started 3 months earlier... And we're supposed to believe that Jesus started ruling at that time? Well what a bang-up job he's doing...

4) The idea that somehow, flip-flopping doctrines lends support to the WT$ being "God's organization." What a joke. Nothing shows the power of the WT$ more than this: That they can change their doctrines so frequently - even going back to old, debunked doctines - and the membership hails it as evidence of God's favor and proof that they have "the truth".

5) "The Other Sheep". John 10:16. Reading this verse in context, it is patently obvious that Jesus is referring to Gentile Christians who whould eventually come into the Christian fold - a main theme of the NT - becoming "one flock" with the Jewish Christians to whom the gospel was first delivered.

Bonus number 6:

6) "The faithful and discreet slave" nonsense. Forgetting for a moment that the WT$ been neither faithful nor discreet, nothing in this simple parable suggests the kind of fulfillment the WT$ has thrust upon it. A "1900 year old organization" that the WT$ itself can't even point to?? A group of old men who put themselves forward and claim the right to speak on behalf of the rest of this supposed group of thousands of individuals?? The notion that God would "communicate" through said old men?? Where are any of these concepts in Matthew 24:45?

I consider these to be some of the top flawed teachings, but not the top arguments for "why jws are not the true religion". As I said in another post, the fact that the WT$ is a PROVEN LIAR ORGANIZATION is the top argument against their being "true religion" or "God's organization".

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

one extremely flawed teaching is that christ in 1919 inventoried the earth and chose this small group of eccentric bible students and gave all authority over his divine plan.according to their doctrine -christ returned in 1914.why did jesus wait 5 years to choose his instrument? the years 1914-1919 denoted much confusion,schisms,death of russell,hostile takeover,inactivity and imprisionment of the leaders on grounds of sedition against the us government.they reorganized in 1919 and decided that would be the year of christ choosing. i can only imagine what jehovah has in store for them.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Sundown, September 5, 1975

• letsslatejws
  • letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

My contribution to one of the Top Five erronous doctrines would stem from the information found on this link devised by freeminds:

http://freeminds.org/images/articles/generationjw.jpg

• You can double click upon the image to enlarge it.
    • It is a printable A4 sheet which can be printed off and given to any JW who you may come across.
    • The information itself speaks volumes...
    • In one Foul Swoop, It clearly shows the Faithful & Discreet Slave to be the False Prophet.

How one scripture could be mis-interpretted soo many times over such a lengthy period as time as this is unforgiveable...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit