In which ways do you think this forum has helped you as a person?

by cyberjesus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I came here to learn more about the JWs. I ended up leaving them. I learned to open my mind to opposite thoughts. I realized how judgemental I was. I have been improving my thinking skills.

I think this forum has helped me in more ways that I even know. Maybe thats why some of us are just hooked.

If the only thing you needed was comfort, then once that is gone, you dont need that anymore since there are more people out there still in and some just coming out who need it more.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I actually enjoy the rather left-leaning political flavor of this forum, just for the balance.

The collector car forums that I go to (the ones that have a political & religion section) are pretty conservative by contrast.

I also kind of enjoy the nostalgia of hearing the JW nonsense - makes the 30 years ago that I left (without internet help) seem like yesterday.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think this forum has helped me to actually find the tools to 'see' the Org for what it is...its been a revealing. shocking yet helpful time....I also appreciate finding others who feel as I did or do now...as someone who was ill treated and lost so much I think its possible that I'll always seek comfort, particularly from those who understand so well...I hope I can offer some nowadays too....

Loz x

• cult classic
    cult classic

It provided me an outlet for my negative feelings since leaving. Seeing how most on here shared my feelings and how they coped has been invaluable to me. The humor on this board is a huge bonus

• manicmama
    manicmama

Learning that I am not the only one with questions and answers to those questions that I had! MM

• moshe
    moshe

I have learned how to better identify this.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

It has helped me to stop feeling sorry for myself. As I started reading here day after day, I started to see my horrible experience with the WTS wasn't unique. Many have been hurt, some even worse then we were and they moved on and are living life.

I know for us, we will never forget.. but if we allow it to control our lives and thoughts we are only hurting ourselves and our family.

So now, slowly but surely I'm starting to see my old self when I look in the mirror, That sparkle for life is coming back and my kids and husband are loving having me back

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It has helped by giving a place to be able to speak your mind. To say things you truly feel and have no fear of biased judgement. At least that's what I get out of it.

• carvin
    carvin

It reminds me that I am not alone in my pain. And that there are many people who care how I am treated.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Oh, in many ways indeed. To be honest, I didn't come here for information or support, since I had fully taken my stand on my own and happened to come across this site by sheer coincidence. I began to read the threads just out of curiosity, but I was astounded to find so much objectivity, humility, reasonableness, tolerance, empathy, understanding... that I was tremendously encouraged to try to imitate you guys thus becoming a better human being (at least that's my impression about myself nowadays, ha, ha!).

And I've met wonderful people like you, dear Cyberjesus, which feels oh, how good...! I always enjoy your posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit