Do You Constantly Think About The Witnesses At This Point in Your Life?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'm getting less and less obsessed with it. Somedays I don't think about it at all and others that is all that I think about.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Nope. I go for long periods of time without even checking in here.

Most people who know me now IRL have no idea of my background. And that's okay with me.

Ruth

• Hadit
    Hadit

Yes - husband and son still in. It's like being stuck in a nightmare. I'm constantly in a state of frustration that my son is being manipulated by his father and ones in the congregation. If my son was not in then I would not care what they did to me. They are not real friends and they don't know what true love is. Being treated like a disease in your own family and always treading on eggshells because I cannot speak my mind is infuriating and exhausting.

That a group of men has this much power over families is a crying shame. They are destroying families in a deliberate and systematic way.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Its like having 'theocratic shingles' (herpes watchtowerus)... it keeps popping up when just least expect it... comes and goes in flares and the pain is always bad...

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    Kinjiro said: "Is like having "theocratic shingles' (herpes watchtowerus)... it keeps popping oup when just least expect it... comes and goes in flares and the pain is always bad...

God I love the metaphores in here.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It's like that song, Hotel California by The Eagles: "You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave."

You should know about that Minimus quite well.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Resistanceisfutile, youwillbeabsorbed!

DY

• undercover
    undercover

Off and on...

Having JW family, there's always some aspect of it just around the corner. I like to stay one step ahead of them so I keep up with the latest doctrine changes, scandals, etc.

I've found though that I'm not staying one step ahead of them, I'm quickly outpacing them and eventually lapping them. It's amazing how much the WTS may change things but the R&F never really catch on. They just keep running in the hamster wheel never getting anywhere, never seeing anything different.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Not really. The only reason I even come here is because the other boards I frequent aren't very active.

W

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Less and less, as can be seen by my post count here.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's pretty hard to not think about the witlesses with their track record of hunting people down years, or even decades, after their last boasting session attendance or when you know that there are specific witlesses that are obsessed about getting me back into the cancer at any cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit