Do You Constantly Think About The Witnesses At This Point in Your Life?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was just talking to a guy who's been df'd for years and he still talks about things like it was yesterday in WatchtowerLand.

Are you still consumed by your JW past?

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES, and I don't think I will ever stop! But my wife is still a very active witness.

I am preached to and at quite regularly.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

I do because I still have "ties" to it. My mom, sister and brother are very active. I can't seem to shake it off because my mom especially will be extremely hurt if I decide to go public with how I feel. The rest of them I don't care much. Just yesterday, my brother and sister in law decided to "disfacebookship" me, that is block me out of their friend's list on Facebook, because of a comment I made on a Facebook group my sister in law probably saw. Instead of making me feel sad, I get constantly irritated, aggravated, and furious against the Organization. The more they keep this Mind Control going, the worse I get.

They know I don't attend meetings but apparently, they thought this was just a face, and I would go back in the future, but when she saw this, she probably decided I have turned "apostate" and has shunned me entirely, to the point of having her son delete my children, his cousins, from his list too. Then she made a few phone calls and her brother has also deleted me. I feel like I want the whole damn world to know my feelings but the only person that keeps me from doing that is my mom. I know how she is going to get if I decide to disassociate, she is going to feel like I've died because she knows she won't be able to talk to me anymore. For the rest is "up yours", I don't care about what they think about me. If it wasn't for my mom, I'd probably had forgotten about it, and go on with my life.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes an no. Some days go by and I don't think about it much. However my whole extended family is "in", they live very close, so if you are thinking about putting up a flag or having a birthday party at your home everyone is going to see it. We have friends that are recently out, so you kind of re live those same old emotions again. Had dinner with our only JW friends over the weekend, they are miserable. Yes it keeps rearing it's ugly head but I am not consumed by it (okay maybe a little). NMKA

• villabolo
    villabolo

Unfortunately I do, not quite constantly, but far too often.

I am constantly reminded of the Witnesses because I live in a large apartment complex filled with them.

It's been thirty years since I've been df'd and, by happy coincidence, that I've been residing in JW town.

VILLABOLO

• zoiks
    zoiks

It takes up less and less of my conscious thought. I'm fortunate, though - I didn't suffer abuse at the hands of anyone associated with the WTS, the way many here have.

• minimus
    minimus

I find that I do not typically talk about being an inactive JW to other inactive ones because I care less than ever before.

To me, it's just a stupid religion.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

In my current life- no- but when I'm alone or a little under the weather or have had a dream about the past or issues about the kids/ppl I've lost arise then - yes- I suppose I do....

Loz x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oops double post !

Loz x

• donuthole
    donuthole

Each day I sit here twirling my mustache and plotting the downfall of the Organization. mwhaahhahaha.

Kidding.

I think it is tough to put the past behind when family and friends are involved. You are kind of continually being smacked in the face by the whole thing. It can be challenging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit