Do You any Witnesses that Just Married Someone Because they Came From A Prestigious Family?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

trueblue,

I really don’t think the sister with the split in her skirt is deliberately flirting with you or anyone else. She wears the outfit because she probably liked it.

Don’t think all women are whores. I sense you have an issue with dealing with women on an intimate level.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

pirata: I have heard brothers say that they will only marry pioneers and sisters say that they will only marry MS or Elder. However, it didn't seem to be for prestige. It was because this position helped to show the other marriage mates "spirituality".

Aw, come on! Spirituality/Pretige; what's the difference? It's the same meaninigless snob appeal.

V665

• trueblue
    trueblue

Broken Promises: I did not think or insinuate that the gal with the split in her dress was flurting with me. I meant that she looked like she was offended that I was looking at her leg and if she don't like me looking at her leg then were something that don't show her leg because I will just look at it again. I don't give a shit. I like looking at a nice looking leg. doesn't bother me at all. but if it bothers her then the only way out is to not let it show.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, spirituality is "prestige" to the JW mind IMO. People are people and generally marry for the same general reasons despite what those reasons are dressed up as.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I seen some people try to only date up because if the marry within a prestigious family than they can move up the ranks as well

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Marrying up is not an unusual concept. It's been going on for thousands of years.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Wow no more stories on this subject at all.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Witnesses share the same crummy reasons for marriage that plenty of "worldly" people have. I knew Witnesses who married for looks, socioeconomic status, materialism, prestige, equal "rank," etc. The ones who married for "spiritual" reasons were very rare. I don't think Witnesses are any different from other groups in this respect.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

bump this thread

• Pitchess Co-Gen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit