Ran over my dog today

by BurnTheShips 74 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Sickening loss. So sorry.

Try to focus on the good times with your pet.

It was an accident. It happens all the time.

Pets are always running out into the street.

Just last year I ran over the neighbors dog and I was only going 17 mph in the neighborhood. But the dog just ran under my wheels after a cat across the street.

The whole family came out in unison screaming "Nacho! Nacho!" I was a nervous wreck because I thought I ran over a child named Nacho.

I was shaking so hard I could hardly think or operate my fingers to write my name down.

But there was little Nacho behind the car still alive, a little beagle. The family said they had no money to take him to the vet.

They all cried and cried. They didnt blame me they said. I offered to drive him to the vet in the morning if he survived the night and pay to have him examined and treated by a vet. Nacho survived the night and was seen the next day and treated with a cast and medication for pain. ($375)

I see Nacho every now and then when I drive by, staying obediently in his yard (attached now by a chain to the post)

Hope the pain of your loss goes away and is replaced by happy memories of your dog.

• tec
    tec

(((((((Burns)))))))))

I'm so sorry.

Others have mentioned it, but it is good to hear again. It was an accident. Not your fault.

Tammy

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

I am SO sad to hear that. You must be devastated.

Hugs

HOTB

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

so sorry, that really is horrible.

• cult classic
    cult classic

BTS - So sorry about your dog. Losing a pet is so hard. Don't be too hard on yourself.

• zoiks
    zoiks

BTS, I'm very sorry.

• Hadit
    Hadit

I'm so sorry! Please don't beat yourself up! It was a very unfortunate accident. Please take care.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm very sorry to hear that BTS. I hope you're doing ok.

• TD
    TD

So sorry.....

She said I didn't know what love was, but she was wrong. A boy loves his dog

• StAnn
    StAnn

I am so, so sorry. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit