"WE can decide if you will remain an unbaptised publisher or not"

by XPeterX 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I am sure it is all legal maneauvers...

• dissed
    dissed

What those Elders said is true. Its THEY who decide if someone is removed from the priviledged ranks of the un-baptised publishers.

They sure liked that God-like power, didn't they?

And yes, I've heard that announcement only a few times. Not for someone who has gone inactive, but for someone who has been disciplined and the Elders are trying to lovingly warn others of this bad person who rejected them, I mean JG's organization.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i was announced as no longer an unbaptised publisher when i was 15 because i wouldnt stop listening to rap music. i was treated as a worldly person, but not shunned. it was fucked up though.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

i was announced as no longer an unbaptised publisher when i was 15 because i wouldnt stop listening to rap music. i was treated as a worldly person, but not shunned. it was fucked up though.

Wow. Funny, cuz I still listen to rap music.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Once I'm out I will take revenge on individuals.I have promised that to myself.The time has not come yet....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I remember the two elders (2, not 3 for remval of an unbapt pub)...one was passive while the other was aggressive. He would raise his voice to me and tell me I would listen to whatever my parents told me to do. He then gave my dad ideas on how to make my life miserable if I didn't listen to him regarding being a JW- not allow me to eat with the family but eat afterward in the corner, allow me to keep $1 of my paychecks and give him the rest, allow me to take a shower but not use his soap...

He told me never to grow facial hair without first consulting with my parents to make sure it is ok with them..he sumed it all up by saying I dishonor my parents by my bad behavior. LOL

• fokyc
    fokyc

*** w88 11/15 pp. 18-19 par. 17 Helping Others to Worship God ***

17 The elders are responsible to ‘shepherd the flock of God in their care.’ (1 Peter 5:2) If two elders offering help determine that an unbaptized wrongdoer is unrepentant and unqualified to be a publisher, they will inform the individual. Or if some unbaptized one tells the elders that he no longer wishes to be recognized as a publisher, they will accept his decision. In either case, it is appropriate for the Congregation Service Committee to have a simple announcement made at an appropriate time, saying:

“ . . . is no longer a publisher of the good news.”

They do not mention baptized or unbaptized.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Isaacaustin:When I hear such things the hate inside me becomes stronger.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Focyk:Now they say that "..... is no longer an U.P"New light even on how to announce that stuff.I'm impressed

• TheTruthAboutTheTruth
    TheTruthAboutTheTruth

It was announced one month ago in the kingdom hall i attended that i was no longer an unbaptized publisher... they never told me they were going to annonce it, they just did.My mum told me about it.And since then everytime i meet a jw in town they completely ignore me.I am treated like a disfellowshipped person.All because my son was abused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit