"WE can decide if you will remain an unbaptised publisher or not"

by XPeterX 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Said one of the 2 elders to me when I had to talk with them at the 'back room'."I will never forget these words."WE" excludes God right?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

No, WE means them, the elders. That statement just screams power trip in action. I've heard first hand claims like this, there is no god involved.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Tell them you don't want to be one anymore. I was an unbaptized publisher about 22 years ago and remained one for about a year or so...before being removed as one. An announcement was made that I was no longer an unbapt pub. Prior to a change in 1989?, I would have been termed a disapproved associate, subject to shunning. Since this change was made before my removal, I was simply a 'worldly person'...but everyone was confused if they could talk to me or not. LOL Blinded by the new light.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Actually, call him back up and say, I've decided I no longer want to be a part of this cult, please remove me from your ranks. Give them the finger, don't let them be the ones to say, yeah, WE removed him.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Isaac, I'm surprised they announced that. All my years I've never heard it announced from the platform that one was no longer an unbaptized publisher. Dont' get me wrong, I'm not questioning you, but I've never seen that. That's crazy. Or maybe I'm misreading what you said. Is that how it was done 20 something years ago?

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

a guy in my congo was removed from being an U.P and I was the only one who called him.fuckers...

• baltar447
    baltar447

I've heard these announcements. "So-and-so is no longer an unbaptized publisher"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

miseryloveselders, I have always known it to be announced...unless something has changed in recent years. I do not currently have access to the Organization book...but it is probably detailed in there.

I was definitely announced as 'no longer an unbapt pub', and heard that announced a few times over the years...less often than dfings though.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Isn't it just a little illogical to anybody else (except me) to call somebody a "publisher" (which means essentially a lay preacher of this religion) when that person has deliberately not made the decision to join it by being baptised?

Guess it really is all about the numbers to them -

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

miseryloveselders, I have always known it to be announced...unless something has changed in recent years. I do not currently have access to the Organization book...but it is probably detailed in there.

I was definitely announced as 'no longer an unbapt pub', and heard that announced a few times over the years...less often than dfings though.

Maybe thats why I don't recollect ever hearing it. I've probably heard it, but its so far and few in between that it seems like I've never heard it. I rarely see new unbaptized publishers with the exception of born in children and teenagers. Rarely do I see it with studies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit