Why do you people need to make it so complicated...

by Cagefighter 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

In the time I have spent away I have come to the following conclusions....

A) It is very possible that I am on a rock orbiting a burning mass of gas with a bunch of selfish overly evolved primates.

B) There is just as much a chance that there is no God as there is one.

C) If said God does exist, it is very likely he is ambivalent, indifferent or plain unconcerned about my life and dilemmas.

That being said.... Why do so many people insist or disecting, analyzing, synthesing, and extrapulating such rock solid conclusions from things as suspicious as the bible of all things?

Aren't you just being self-centered and immature? Unable to handle that this universe might be a little more chaos than order and that it might not revolve around the fact that you don't or do watch rated R movies and jerk off?

Just saying...if there is a God (which I would love to believe there is) don't you think he might be telling us something?

Something like, "Lightened up down there, love eachother and try to have a little fun before it's too late?"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Just saying...if there is a God (which I would love to believe there is) don't you think he might be telling us something?

I dont think so. IF there is a God he is sleeping. He got bored with this universe, because once created... what else is there to do? just watch and no play?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm always trying to come up with effective ways to ask people the same questions you did, and you said it so well. It's our own egos that prevent us from knowing God. Funny how everyone from Eckardt Tolle to the Dalai Lama to Jesus in the Gnostic Gospels says the same thing.

We weren't given a civilized world that we screwed up, we were given a coarse, violent primeval world and it's OUR task to civilize it.

Religion is the problem, and religions are based on books like the Bible, that say we are sinners in need of salvation and incapable of fixing anything without "God". Only priests and those who wish to dominate would benefit from such a thing. For their own survival, they can't possibly tell you that God is within you. Interestingly though, they put the truth between the lines but it's the opposite of what it says literally.

It boggles my mind that so many people still take it literally, until I remind myself that I did too, living in fear for many many years. Everyone wakes up in their own time, but thanks for making the effort to try to get people to think about these things.

PS

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder if big bad T-REX was having problems of being to too conceited about his top predator status and THAT is why god decided to destroy his kind with a fiery asteroid- then with man he decided to try using a watery flood.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Aren't you just being self-centered and immature?

Is that really a question? Or is it an accusation? Is helping people out of a dangerous religious sect through research and logical arguments "self-centered and immature?"

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And why obey that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag anyways? What has he done for you that is not solely for his fat self? Probably, if you are truly honest about it, you realize the answer is "nothing". (Or worse.)

And, if he did nothing for you, then why should you do anything more than nothing for him?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Because it IS complicated!

There are no absolutes. There are only questions. It has nothing to do with egos - it has to do with finding a way thru this world, shedding falsehood and replacing it with truth. Of course tomorrow the 'truth' will change to falsehood. Which requires repeat and rinse.

If one dimensional works for you - go for it.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

We make it complicated because ....
    a) we want to know the answers to life's (or our own) questions.
    b) a bunch of con-men/shysters come along and tell us a bunch of BS about what the answers to life's questions are and take our money.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Even if you NEVER find "truth", at least by asking questions you can hope to escape the lies.

HB

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Hamster bait, you summed it up.. "HOPE" it seems to be selling like free blow jobs these days, well all days since the beginning. I gave up all hope a couple of months ago. Like got better after that for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit