Need your thoughts... Again

by Garrett 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

hello everyone!

(Sorry for any typos, I'm on my iPad) so, remember how in my last post I mentioned that I had told some of my dear friends why I decided to leave? Well, one of those friends was a girl... Not just any girl, but rather, a girl that I've loved since the moment I've met her. She used to say that she considered me her best friend and we were really close she just never really returned my feelings for her due to different circumstances I presume.. But I always felt a connection.

Anyways, after telling her that I decided to leave because of multiple reasons but that the tolerance of child sex abuse was the final straw, she responded asking where I got my information and that she wanted to talk about it with me.

this feels like an opportunity for me to tell her about my findings, what do you think? Remember, she's an open minded individual :)

What would you do in my situations?

• sir82
    sir82

Go ve-r-r-r-r-r-y slowly. Start with a few "non-apostate" sources explaining about the massive settlements and court-ordered payouts.

She may be open-minded, but you are light-years ahead of her in terms of exiting. If you go too fast, the "defend the cult" alarms will shriek and she will likely shut down.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    you got the cat out of the bag already. You cant un-say what you said. Go ahead
  • Giordano
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Yep, she's definitely open to talking and maybe thinking about it! I remember you mentioning her before, that she is more 'normal' than most witnesses.

Just prepare her that her whole life may possibly be about to turn into a roller coaster ride. And she possibly is going to try to change your mind (did you tell her you sent the DA letter???)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I know exactly how my wife is still coming to terms with "how stupid she's been", so go easy on your girl - a bit at a time.

It's a helluva shock to the system to realise what a donkey you've been - believing stuff, just because a bunch of charlatans in Brooklyn said it was "the truth"!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Do it, just tread cautiously. You can always say more, you can never say less!
  • roberto avon
    roberto avon

seems like a trap to me, pls be very careful..

• zeb
    zeb
    google..'CandaceConti'.
  • flipper
    flipper

Garrett - If you love her and she feels the same for you- you should be open to her. I would show her the NEWS you tubes of PBS News Hour and the ABC Nightline you tube as well which both were done in an excellent fashion. No apostate connections- just pure major news agencies presenting facts of WT child abuse that has occurred.

I would avoid saying ANYTHING to indicate you've received this information on any ex-JW website. Of course, that goes without saying. Good luck to you, with observing her response this may give you an insight as to whether you will be able to progress in a relationship with this person. I wish you the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit