by Designer Stubble 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

WT November 15, 2010 – Young Ones targeted

The articles to be studied in January include:

Young Ones be guided by God’s word

Young Ones resist peer pressure

Young Ones what will you do with your life

Reading through it sickened me, but while pondering on it, realized the following. All articles are written with an agenda and are to deal with problems in the organization. This means that young ones are leaving in droves, likely often as they are most internet minded and can easily find what is wrong with the organization and its teachings online.

Here are some snippets:

Page 6, paragraph 17:

To remain loyal to God when you are by yourself, you must develop your “perceptive powers . . . to distinguish both right and wrong” and then train those powers “through use” by acting on what you know is right. (Heb. 5:14) For example, when choosing the music you listen to, the movies you watch, or the Internet sites that you visit, here is what will help you choose what is right and avoid what is wrong.

Movies, Music and Internet are thus a problem.

Page 6, paragraph 18:

What should you do if you have secretly been engaging in conduct that you know to be wrong? Remember, “He that is covering over his transgressions will not succeed, but he that is confessing and leaving them will be shown mercy.” How unwise it would be to continue in a wrong course and “be grieving God’s holy spirit”! You really owe it to God, to your parents, and to yourself to confess any wrongdoing. Admittedly, this may result in some embarrassment and perhaps some unpleasant consequences.

Confession time, sounds like the Catholic Church. Read: Few are going to the elders.

Page 9, Paragraph 8:

The Bible urges you to “flee from fornication.” Ask yourself, ‘Why is that a wise command?’ Think of all the reasons why your peers engage in such conduct. Reflect also on various reasons why the person who practices fornication “is sinning against his own body.” Now analyze the reasons, and ask yourself: ‘Which is the best course to follow? Is it really worth it to engage in sexual misconduct?’ Give the matter even further thought, asking yourself, ‘How would I feel if I gave in to sexual immorality?’ You might gain the immediate approval of some peers, but how would you feel later on when you are with your parents or fellow Christians at Kingdom Hall.

Guess many young ones are gong for premarital sex.

Page 11, paragraph 16:

One teenage Christian relates: “My sister and I walked out of a movie that contained a lot of swearing. Others in the group decided to stay. Our parents praised us for what we did. However, the others in the group were angry because we made them look bad.”

Goodie two shoes walks out of a movie and the rest look bad. Shows that most remain seated.

Page 12, paragraph 4:

Your peers and teachers are likely to influence you to do what they feel is right for you. Of course, even if you have clear goals, some may still offer their opinions. When listening to their suggestions, ask yourself, ‘Would the goals they mention help me to remember my Creator while I am young or would they distract me from doing so?"

Yes, teachers may recommend higher education and obviously many are following this advice.

Page 13, paragraph 6:

Your peers may believe in evolution or in various false religious doctrines because others have told them that this is what they should believe. However, you can rise above such thinking when it comes to your own beliefs.

Many young ones are obviously researching evolution and see the logic of it.

Page 14, paragraph 12-14:

Baptism is not a contract that restrains you from doing things that you would secretly like to do. Baptism is an important step for those who want to be saved. Whatever reasons there are for your hesitation to get baptized, you need to resolve such issues and concerns.

Many are holding back from baptism.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you.

Is this magazine available in PDF format?

• Designer Stubble
  • cantleave
    cantleave

There are 2 young witnesses (in their 20's) who work in the same company as me. Both are elders son's neither seems to be reaching out for MS or have any spiritual goals. They both seem more interested in progressing their secular careers rather than their spiritual ones.

WhenI was their age I was reaching out, I pioneered and was being used by the district and circuit for various "privileges".

If these two young brothers are typical of their generation, then the WTS has a big problem with succession.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The children of almost all of the elders I can think of over the past decade are going to University or have gone to university and taken full-time jobs once completing it. (This is in Europe (Netherlands), not the USA though.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah I read that WT. The worst part is where they analyse the reasons young people may be reluctant to be baptised. They correctly identify that the desire not to be disfellowshipped is a major factor holding young ones back. And it's despicable how, after acknowledging that fact, they try to make young ones feel guilty if they don't get baptised despite the legitimate concern about the consequences if they get disfellowshipped. I hope many independent minded young ones are able to see through the mendacious reasoning designed to dunk them and trap them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I found this little gem on page 26 of that issue. Did we really believe this stuff?

Magazine:http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_f-st_E_20101115.pdf

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks for the snippets from that mag! I love this point:

Your peers may believe in evolution or in various false religious doctrines because others have told them that this is what they should believe. However, you can rise above such thinking when it comes to your own beliefs.

How deceptive! When it comes to your own beliefs? You mean they have their own beliefs while the others have "been told that this is what they should believe." Such hypocrisy - the WTS is doing the same thing - telling them WHAT to believe and then forbidding looking anywhere else!!

The fear and guilt inducement from the following quote is digusting:

Baptism is an important step for those who want to be saved. Whatever reasons there are for your hesitation to get baptized, you need to resolve such issues and concerns.

So the WTS doesn't tell them what to believe? They are telling them that only baptized JW's will be saved. Jesus was not a youth when he was baptized. How are they following him? They are elevating themselves above Christ by coming up with these rules!

Not a wonder why young ones are running away. I only wish mine would!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

They're really hurting when it comes to young people. I fed the speaker a couple weeks ago, and I asked about three baptized brothers who were doing quite well, but have fallen off from what I had heard. He confirmed what I pretty much already knew. Then he shook his head and said its like that with all the young brothers. They just don't reach out any more. I've said before on here, I've given talks in all kinds of halls, and the young people just don't seem motivated. All the dudes I came up with minus one and myself, have left. There's a side of me that really respects this younger generation. I feel like an idiot thinking back on all that nonsense I was doing. Running mics, stage, attendant, giving 45 minute talks as a MS, now 30 minute talks, maintenance work, field service, the checking acounts, didn't go to college, etc.. All this bull shyt and what do I have to show for it? Zilch, absolutely nothing. It's a religion of usery. I really tip my hat to these young folks today, particulary males. They've got more courage than I ever had.

As far as the internet is concerned, I laugh as a born in. If I wasn't born in, and a couple JWs just happened to come to my door. After accepting their literature and saying good bye, the first thing I'd do is hit the internet to see the pros and cons of being a JW. Or to see their history, their unadulterated history. Its almost guaranteed, anybody whose honest with themselves, and some smarts will not get involved with JWs after researching them.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

What should you do if you have secretly been engaging in conduct that you know to be wrong? Remember, “He that is covering over his transgressions will not succeed, but he that is confessing and leaving them will be shown mercy.” How unwise it would be to continue in a wrong course and “be grieving God’s holy spirit”! You really owe it to God, to your parents, and to yourself to confess any wrongdoing. Admittedly, this may result in some embarrassment and perhaps some unpleasant consequences.

How unwise it would be to confess to the elders! There is no holy spirit guiding THEM. You owe it to no one. Anyone dumb enough to do this has no idea what kinds of verbal and emotional abuse they're in for at the hands of these incompetent control freaks. To say one will experience "unpleasant consequenses" doesn't quite cover it.

Baptism is not a contract that restrains you from doing things that you would secretly like to do. Baptism is an important step for those who want to be saved. Whatever reasons there are for your hesitation to get baptized, you need to resolve such issues and concerns.

Baptism IS a contract that restrains you. It keeps you in a prison you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind. (to quote "The Matrix") Whatever reasons there are for your hesitation to get baptized, heed them! Salvation is when you have escaped from life with the borg.

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit