"Rutherford, a prominent member of the Governing Body" (David Splane, 2010 DC)

by pirata 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

:In David Splane's talk, "Remain in the Secret Place of the Most High", at the 2010 District Convention he referred to "Rutherford, a prominent member of the Governing Body".

That is a pile of bullshit so deep that even I'm surprised at the lying audacity of the Watchtower Printing Corporation. And I'm fearless! None of the other "directors" of the Society EVER even saw the accounting books of the WTS during Emperor Rutherford's reign, save for Amburgh, and Amburgh didn't breath any of it to anyone outside of Rutherford. If Rutherford would let anyone else see the financial records of his pet Cult, why in the world would he share any of his dictatorial power with anyone else? Answer: he didn't. He took responsibility for everything, except for one small exception: he blamed the rank & file when his predictions failed, just like Freddie Franz did. The apple didn't fall very far from the tree with those two, you know.

Farkel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

@ what Farkel said.

• geevee
    geevee

Triple it!

WE should be careful when talking about any members of "the Board" of directors for any period of time and not refer to them as a "body". Thereby using wt language which serves to confuse the issue.

Remember that the "governing body" is not mentioned in the bible, only in wt stuff.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Bullshitting propaganda, they can sure shovel it when they want to.

Well why not when you can cause trouble toward people who question them.

Those lambs in the audience have all their mouths open feeding on this tripe from the mother ship in gracious appreciation.

Good to see Farkel post a comment, missed the old boy you know.

So back in biblical times there was a board of directors for god's publishing company then too.......interesting

• slimboyfat
  • dozy
    dozy

There definitely has been a change in terminology with regard to Rutherford , Knorr & Russell. The last explicit reference to Rutherford being "the President" occured in 2003 , though this was the expression used consistently till then (197 references in the . Now invariably the expression is that Russell & Rutherford "took the lead" amongst JWs (or Bible Students) , or increasingly that they were simply "a member of the Governing Body" or FADS. The impression is thus given that there wasn't a top man who made all the decisions (which we know to be false).

w075/1p.9OurTreasureHuntYieldedLastingRiches

That program consisted of a 15-minute talk on a Bible subject delivered by J. F. Rutherford, who took the lead among Jehovah’s Witnesses at the time.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I'm still laughing at Sir82's comment. How true.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The same applied to Milton Henschel, when Franz died on Dec 22, 1992, Henschel was appointed as his sucessor and 5th President:

***w933/15p.31RewardedWith“theCrownofLife”***

On December 30, 1992, Brother Milton G. Henschel was chosen as the Society’s fifth president, to succeed Brother Franz.

When Henshel died this was forgotten, he was just a member of the GB:

***w038/15p.31HeLovedKindness***

MILTON G. HENSCHEL, a longtime member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, finished his earthly course on Saturday, March 22, 2003. He was 82 years old.

George

• metatron
    metatron

How can you tell if David Splane is lying?

His lips move.

Rutherford a prominent member of the Governing Body? Really? And Stalin was a prominent member of the Politboro. Hitler was a well known and influential Nazi.

Anybody remember one of the arguments as to why the Bible is authentic, as published by the Society? Because the Israelites freely recorded their mistakes and did not portray themselves as heroes. And the Watchtower? About Rutherford? About 1874 and 1914?

metatron

• donuthole
    donuthole

There was a convention photo-pamphlet from france(?) which had numerous pictures of Rutherford. If I recall the captions spoke of him being the "boss". It was posted on here before. I wish I could have found it; maybe someone else can produce it.

At another convention there was a loyalty vow that individuals had to take, not just to the Society but to Judge Rutherford.

These are but of couple examples just how "prominent" he was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit