"A sense of urgency"

by Norm 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Erich
    Erich

prolog2:

JW's adamantly refuse to talk about the nearness of the end. Instead they declare that the resurrection is the real hope - not living through the Great Tribulation.

They - the WTS - deny the (meanwhile even) scientific proof for:

a) the current radical change of the world (though many "worldly" politicians and economists day by day trumbone it out even in magazines and newspapers), because the change doesn't match with their imaginations and views.. and

b) the possibility of attainment of everlasting youth and life,
    because obviously it get attained through scientific skills, and not through a miraculous impact by God. And this doesn't match with their (biblical ???) imaginations and views too...
    They think, in that case Jesus Christ's ransom sacrifice would have been in vain - an error, because God is in the position to use scientists skills as "vehicle" to make HIS intentions come true...

• larc
    larc

Reborn,

One slight correction in your numbers. They have been expressing a sense of urgency for over a hundred and twenty years, not just the last 40.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Larc-

Seems almost everyone on this board takes pride in correcting everyone else.

Does this make you feel important? Or is it just to achieve a sense of self-promoting intellect?

Im WELL AWARE that they have made such claims since the days of Rutherford and the International Bible Students even in the 1870's. I simply stated 40 years because the duration of the quotes listed were from the early 1960's to the middle/late 1990s.

Thanks anyway.

Im not intending this as a flame, so dont respond in such a manner. Nor is it defensive, I simply am addressing an observation I have noticed in recent weeks.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Proplog

One thing is for sure. Most of us will not die before we discover whether the JW's have "the truth".
    Guessing that you have in mind 30 years from today, may I therefore live to be 92 (I'm now 62), because I then will never experience the taste of death ... I'm as sure of that as I am that the WTS is the restoration of true worship. Nothing that Norm, you, Farkel, JanH, nor anything which ANYONE has ever said/posted on this forum or H20 has caused me to question the legitimacy of the WTS and its being the restoration of true worship. You are all proving yourselves to be nothing but pawns of your worst enemy, Satan. He's the chief reason that you have the condemnation of death hanging over your heads for goodness sakes, and so how outrageously stupid you are for being willing subjects to be used by him.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• larc
    larc

Reborn,

1. I don't flame. In fact, I try to discourage it.

2. Your reference to 40 years was not clear to me. I don't know you, nor your knowledge of JW history. I was simply providing the bigger number for the benefit of the general reading public.

3. Yes, I will correct something I think is in error. Others have done that to me, and I don't mind a bit.

• Norm
    Norm
    Nothing that Norm, you, Farkel, JanH, nor anything which ANYONE has ever said/posted on this forum or H20 has caused me to question the legitimacy of the WTS and its being the restoration of true worship. You are all proving yourselves to be nothing but pawns of your worst enemy, Satan. He's the chief reason that you have the condemnation of death hanging over your heads for goodness sakes, and so how outrageously stupid you are for being willing subjects to be used by him.

Yadirf

Of course not, you would actually need a brain for that. The essay was written for people who have some kind of thinking ability and are less steeeped in superstition and blind faith. There is nothing anyone can do with the outrageously stupid who think that another figment of their superstitious mind, Satan is behind logic, thinking and truth.

Norm

• LDH
    LDH

HA HA good one Norm.

Of course, in all of their writings, there's never a call for actual urgency.

Only a "SENSE" of urgency.

It was there all along.

They've had unsuspecting people practicing spiritual fire drills for DECADES.

Lisa

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Norm

Nothing that Norm, you, Farkel, JanH, nor anything which ANYONE has ever said/posted on this forum or H20 has caused me to question the legitimacy of the WTS and its being the restoration of true worship. You are all proving yourselves to be nothing but pawns of your worst enemy, Satan. He's the chief reason that you have the condemnation of death hanging over your heads for goodness sakes, and so how outrageously stupid you are for being willing subjects to be used by him.

Yadirf

Of course not, you would actually need a brain for that. The essay was written for people who have some kind of thinking ability and are less steeeped in superstition and blind faith. There is nothing anyone can do with the outrageously stupid who think that another figment of their superstitious mind, Satan is behind logic, thinking and truth.

Norm

And so you're the one with the "brain", the "thinking ability", not "stupid" and "superstitious", huh? Funny that, not me but you, have trouble believing that a spirit creature exists whose name is "Satan" -- that you therefore then, apparently, don't know the origin for death having come over the entire human race. Yeah, you're REAL smart Norm ... REAL brainy. Is the board supposed to assume that you really do KNOW why we all die? Please enlighten us.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    And so you're the one with the "brain", the "thinking ability", not "stupid" and "superstitious", huh? Funny that, not me but you, have trouble believing that a spirit creature exists whose name is "Satan" -- that you therefore then, apparently, don't know the origin for death having come over the entire human race. Yeah, you're REAL smart Norm ... REAL brainy. Is the board supposed to assume that you really do KNOW why we all die? Please enlighten us.

I don't want to speak for Norm but I'm guessing he believes the same thing I do, that humans die for the same reasons that all other organisms on this planet die. Do you believe that human death is fundamentally different from the death of other animals? We appear to die from essentially the same causes. Or do you believe that animal (and plant) death is also caused by Satan?

--
    "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason, 1794.

• cellomould
    cellomould

Very nice synopsis of why we die, funkyderek. No one feels its unfair when moths die, for example. In fact, no one would mind if all the moths on the planet died simultaneously.

Well, I have a question, which should be harder to answer:

If Yadirf doesn't want to be unconvinced, why does he offer us the scant results of his gold-panning for logical arguments?

Perhaps he just posts to enjoy seeing his picture.

Or perhaps he is just another moth attracted to the 'light':

edited to say 'moth'

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit