Self-deception & delusion. Can U guess the source of this quote?

by Open mind 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

"...very often the person who is deceived or deluded tends to hold on to his belief in spite of strong evidence proving otherwise. Perhaps he gets so emotionally attached to his belief that he simply shuts his eyes and closes his ears to any evidence that might challenge it."

An extra week of everlasting life goes to the first person who can guess the source of this quote.

om

• Mary
    Mary

I believe it's from one of the latest Craptower or Asleep! magazines isn't it?

• wannabefree
  • cult classic
    cult classic

An extra week of everlasting life goes to the first person who can guess the source of this quote.

LOL

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, I guess Mary gets to spend an extra week petting lions with the Cultists!

And, I guess I'm about a month behind on food at the "proper time" according to the link from wannabefree.

My wife and I hadn't been to a meeting for a few weeks and today we went and got a bunch of the latest WT paper goods to help fill our recycling bin.

I think this quote could possibly prove very handy to help show an on-the-fence JW that even The Watchtower says it's good to look at all the evidence.

om

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It could have been me responding to Perry or Shelby on these threads.

• Mary
    Mary
    Well, I guess Mary gets to spend an extra week petting lions with the Cultists!

Hurrraaaaayy!!! Golly, I think I'll spend all those waking hours telling the newly resurrected ones how many times "this generation" changed in the last hundred years!!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary check your pm

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

@ Mary - well, at least you know what you'll be doing the first couple decades! ;)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If only JWs actually read the magazines. Wiser words were never printed in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit