Have you stopped pushing yourself physically and mentally?

by compound complex 27 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

cutting back really was worth it.

Amen!

• chickpea
    chickpea

my pushes in those realms are more vigorous than ever
    because i have a keen desire to make the most i can
    out of this one sure life i have!

as far as mental exertion goes, i am academically
    engaged and while it is hard(er) for me since i have
    seen age 50 come and go, it is thrilling to be able to
    learn something of value, not some tripe i managed to
    keep swallowing for 20 years!!!

physically, i am trying to recover from poor habits
    and seem to be making headway, so that is a push
    i dont mind making at all....

gotta go.... i have a test today in pathophysiology and protocols!!
    srsly!!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good thread CC - Yes I was suffering from ME/CFS since 1992 in the Org and since I've left I've noticed a considerable improvement in my health/energies

Loz x

• snowbird
    snowbird

Why, yes, I have.

Some days, I let the laundry and dishes pile upward, ever upward.

I close the doors, put the dirty dishes into the fridge, pour myself a glass of tomato juice and sit underneath my favorite tree.

Hush! Is that my deceased mother I hear groaning?

Tee hee hee.

Now, I'm working on emotionally untangling myself from my g'kids.

Syl

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Only as far as meetings and service. Like Chickpea mentioned, I also take care of myself so I can have a good life span. I enjoy things now that as a witness weren't allowed, like yoga- which for those of you who mentioned stress is a great stress reliever. I used to have panic attacks all the time. Now I put the energy I used to spend on meetings and service into yoga, hiking, taking supplements and eating healthy. I exert myself mentally now probably more as far as learning because now I'm not held back on what I'm allowed to study or read. So I've had a lot of catching up to do and don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. The thing is Physically and mentally the energy I spend now is on what I'm enjoying and it makes my life better and doesn't make me feel spent like when I was a witness

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, chickpea, snowbird, Lozhasleft and misanthropic:

Your comments are appreciated and helpful to me and, I'm sure, to anyone else who might be reading here.

Love,

CoCo

• minimus
    minimus

I have stopped (a long time ago). I try to ENJOY life as much as I can.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good for you, minimus!

!

• designs
    designs

I read of a lot of us are going back to college or entering college for the first time which is great. Having the time and freedom to do the things we put off as Witnesses is a great breath fo fresh air to our souls.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I'm actually more busy now, but I have more energy. I recently finished my BA, while working full-time, and next month I start classes at the University of Washington School of Law, which will kick my butt both mentally AND physically. ...not bad for 50 years old.

What I find amazing is the difference in my energy level while pursuing the things in which I am interested versus my energy level (or lack thereof) while attending meetings/field service/assemblies/conventions/etc.

All those years as a JW I bought into the concept that I had an attitude issue and THAT is why I didn't find what they defined as "spiritual activities" to be refreshing. It's sooo nice now to understand that I don't have the problem; they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit