A gem of hypocrasy from 1887 Watchtower

by Aussie Oz 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Sweet one, Oz. Good stuff.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I see why they only go back to the 1950s on the CD-ROM. Even that's tough the swallow, but can you imagine if they contained everything??

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Crikey! yes, imagine the CD rom with EVERYTHING ever written!

now THAT might cause the WT Corp to hemorrhage!

oz

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

It's my sense that eventually they will pare the CD-ROM down to 1980, which is when they really began to go hardcore against anyone questioning them and the treatment of DA'd dubs changed as well. That way they can completely wash away the 1975 debacle with this new generation of "born-ins". They'll demonise anything written prior to the 80s (unless its something they still agree with) and the R&F will be afraid to look up anything beyond that.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One of the biggest dangers and threats toward the WTS. is information from their past, the so called NEW Light

and Food at the Proper time that were once proclaimed has all become an redundant anchor that they have to carry.

In the past those pieces of literature were taken out of circulation and were not used as a reference in their recent talks,

some are but very little. The reason for this of course is that they are constantly impressing to the public that they are the one

and true religion by guided by god's guidance, contradictory doctrines spoil this proclamation or at best weaken this suggestion.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It's my sense that eventually they will pare the CD-ROM down to 1980, which is when they really began to go hardcore against anyone questioning them and the treatment of DA'd dubs changed as well. That way they can completely wash away the 1975 debacle with this new generation of "born-ins". They'll demonise anything written prior to the 80s (unless its something they still agree with) and the R&F will be afraid to look up anything beyond that.

That indeed is probably what they will TRY to do - but the fact is that the information is all out there on the internet now, and they simply cannot control that. I have toyed with the speculation that the current leadership is afraid to come up with any more prophetic dates, and I wonder if this will not also water down the old "sense of urgency" that they had in the Freddy Franz days prior to 1975? Could some kind of mainstreamist reform movement be possible a few decades in the future, if numbers and finances continue their steady fall?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    did ct russell personaly violate his standard or did this happen after his death?

He did so personally. He claimed the bible couldn't be understood on its own, without his "Studies in the Scriptures" series.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

He claimed the bible couldn't be understood on its own, without his "Studies in the Scriptures" series.

Good point Keyser soze , The commercial salesman that Russell was in his own trained profession shows through,

proclamations deliberately made that would support the circulation of his literature.

After his death someone else ( Rutherford ) picked up the ball and newly devised sale pitches were constructed.

Bullshit sells, its all about how its presented.

• geevee
    geevee

Hey Oz.... how you goin? Good find, there used to be a web site called "quotes" and he used to have another CD with lots of older wt books and stuff on it. It might be around somewhere?

All good here.

geevee

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hey Geevee!

long time no see!

all good here too... Kids are great, wifes great, just bought a house, lifes great!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit