It's official, got DF'ed last night

by notverylikely 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

Now, tell us truthfully, dear NVL (and peace to you!)... did that really "hurt" as much as you were led to believe it would?

Again, peace... to you and your children!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• boyzone
    boyzone

Congratulations!!!! You stood for what is right in the face of religious bigotry and abuse of authority. That took courage - alot of courage. Kudos to you my friend, a very hearty WELL DONE indeed!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats. There's no honorable way out of a cult, as far as the cult is concerned. What should've been private matters between you and your wife became fodder for gossip at the hand of the Watchtower. But you're free of that now. Good luck, have fun, educate your children.

I'd like to say you've joined an elite and exclusive group.
    But we're not, really.

Hey, speak for yourself, Palmtree, LOL! We ARE an exclusive group!

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome to the rest of your life! Here's to a new beginning ....

• Deceived
    Deceived

Congratulations NVL Now you can go on and Live your life with freedom to be yourself. When I was disfellowshipped I pushed for it as I was just fed up with the Gestapo type lifestyle. You were very brave to go to the meeting, I didn't.

Hugs from Velvet

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Von voyage!!!

Remember you're always welcomed back... only when you're ready to play by the Biblical rules.

Happy trails!!!

DY

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Welcome back to life

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Congratulations.

Also, I just wanted to correct Doubtfully Yours comment ...

Remember you're always welcomed back... only when you're ready to play by the Biblical Watchtower rules.
  • cult classic
    cult classic

Congrats NVL - My husband always says when WT disfellowships you they are doing you a favor

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

This is very strange to me.

Why would you be celebrating being kicked out? If you were the one who made the decision, that would be one thing. But they kicked you out -- not the other way around. If you wanted out, why didn't you tell them to take a hike?

What does being DF'd entail? Do they mention your name in a meeting and say, "He's DF'd...if you see him or his dawg, don't have nuthin' to do with 'im!" And is disfellowshipping the same as being excommunicated?

I'm not a JW, naturally, but I'm fascinated by all this. The most interesting aspect is that if they hadn't DF'd you, then you would still be a member, and then would congratulations still be in order?

----

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit