Is door to door activity over?

by badcompany 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Door-to-door is dying a slow, quiet death. Even the Mormons are officially acknowledging that it's ineffective in the Information Age.

x

Ten bucks says that in a couple decades (assuming the WTS will even still be around by then), service groups will be all but discontinued, and to save face, the WTS will be saying that the D2D work "has always been a conscience matter", anyways.

• violias
    violias
    I've received on offer to buy the WT and some time later a tract was left under the door mat , all this in 12yrs. and before that I seldom recall seeing anyone around the neighborhood . I was so livid when I left that I may be on their DNC list.
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Cults are attractive to kids who love to argue and fight with us ignorant parents.

A little off topic, but thanks for that piece of insight, PokerPlayerPhil. At last, I am now starting to get an understanding about something that has puzzled me for several decades:

- i.e. how it was that this particular bloody cult managed to ensnare me!

Otherwise, yes, their door to door activity is still operating. A pair of them were at my door last week, but turned around and walked straight back out again upon noticing the "Unsolicited Sales Callers Not Welcome" sticker.

Bill

• steve2
    steve2

Hey Bungi Bill, credit to your JW callers for not defying the sticker - in my old congregation there were some diehard door-knockers who played dumb when they persisted knocking on doors that had "No religious hawker" signs on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit