Is door to door activity over?

by badcompany 33 Replies latest jw friends

• badcompany
    badcompany
    Interesting. Since 1980 I've lived in a dozen places in CA and WA. Several places in AK and OR and a half dozen other states. I was never on a DNC list because they never new where I lived. The one time they contacted me circa 1984 or so in Newport Beach, CA I told them I was DFd. Funniest thing I ever saw. They ran down the hall like I was the antichrist.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    They need a good shock like you showing them Apostate books and suggesting they read it. That might do better than a letter.they'll simply toss.

I have given several of them a reverse witness, it doesn't seem to phase them. I have been quite open that I am apostate, but I am usually polite, so it doesn't seem to scare them. I think I was even a return visit for a while. They have assured me I am on the do not call list, but still they come. I think the territories get worked here a lot and inevitably someone isn't paying attention. At this point I am torn between putting up a no soliciting sign and calling the police if they knock (the local pd told me they would be glad to come out, they get this a lot here) , or just going with it and have a "presentation" planned out and ready to go. The problem is I am not always in the mood to deal with them.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius
    I've lived at my present address for 16 years and have had the JWs stop by only two times. Once they left a tract as my wife and I weren't home. The second time was last year when a JW couple stopped by looking for deaf persons who wanted to study the Bible. Since I didn't have any hearing problems, they weren't interested in talking with me and left to canvas the neighborhood for those hard of
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

If you would like me to call on you, just leave me your address. LOL

I'm working on this magazine route

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Lisa, I have a few suggestions. You mentioned putting up a No Soliciting sign. You may want to make a sign that specifically forbids JWs; clearly states that you're an apostate and threatens to call the police if they do trespass. Either that or do it on a No Trespassing sign. You might want to attach a ripped up Watchtower on the sign.

Or you can answer the door with your cellphone in hand and tell them that you are calling the police.

Or you can take one of their Watchtowers and rip it up right in front of them.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

But it's hard to act like that when you are as sweet a person as lisarose!

lisa how about a note saying you are an exJW, but if they would like to hear all about the true history of their cult, as well as how much happier you are since leaving their cult, you would be happy to tell them, and if that was the case, please knock!

• Garrett
    Garrett

In my part of the world, it's still around, but is being taken over by mobile stand witnessing.

as for you not being called on... You may be on the DNC list. If this hall was your old hall or if it is close to your old hall, then you will be on it. If not, then there's a problem with them.

• steve2
    steve2

As a general observation, the frequency and the intensity of door-knocking has decreased markedly in New Zealand. They call in this territory perhaps once every 18 months to 2 years. They've left tracts in the letterbox every few years or so. The level of follow-up on Not At Homes is nonexistent.

Man, this contrasts to the fevered door-knocking in the late 60s- early 70s. That hey day is really and truly over.

When the JWs do go out door-knocking, it's surprising how few younger ones are in their groups which consist of older Witnesses.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In the congregation I was in before I left, only one of the pioneers was under 50. I think a lot of time wasting goes on. I must admit I only done an hour or so just to keep them off my back. I hated it.

I absolutly believe if Wt has any hope of been able to turn their present situation around, they have to have a greater presence on the Internet (and I'm not talking invisible one here). I always use this example. Would you buy a car if all the reviews of it on the Internet were bad, and the only positive one was from the car manufacturer itself. Well if you wouldn't buy a car like that then don't expect someone to choose a religion like that. Gee I shouldn't be giving WTBTS such good advice.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Pulled into my driveway today and what do I see? 3 well-dressed witnesses looking at me! They were canvasing the neighborhood (yet again) and looked for an excuse to stop on by and see if I've grown a third eye or something. So hard to play nice. Sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit