Questions to ask yourself about Jehovah’s Witnesses

by sabastious 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

Questions to ask yourself about Jehovah’s Witnesses

Why are the Watchtower Society leaders kept behind a curtain?

Why can’t the average Witness name their leaders?

Why is the entire process of the conclusions that end up in the literature secret?

Are ideas that are tossed before they make it into the literature documented?

Are the leaders (such as Elders, Circuit and District Overseers) appointed by God or not?

Why does Sanctity of Life, a Biblical concept, take second to the Blood Doctrine?

Why are anonymous witnesses used in Judicial Committees?

How hard is it to get your personal information about Judicial Committees from the Organization?

Why are the financial figures (especially donations to the World Wide Work) of the Organization kept secret?

Why doesn’t the Watchtower Society fully utilize current technology to aid in their preaching work?

Why does the Watchtower refer to new teachings as “New Light” when some of this “New Light” reverts to an old teaching?

How can the Governing Body be “Spirit Directed” while at the same time not claiming Divine Inspiration?

Why is there a Reinstatement “Turnaround Time” when Jesus taught to forgive at the first sign of remorse?

Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses allow very young children to be baptized?

Why are old publications fairly quickly replaced with new publications, and why do the old ones become totally obsolete?

Why is personal research, without Watchtower guidance, discouraged?

Why is learning Greek and Hebrew, for the purpose of verifying the New World Translation, discouraged?

When a spiritual or physical crime is committed with only one witness, why doesn’t the Society default to the Superior Authorities?

What happened in 1975?

Why has Matthew 24:34 had six different interpretations since the Watchtower’s inception?

Can it be proven that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE?

Does the Watchtower Society have the right to invalidate the Faith of the rest of the world and claim the sole position of Mediator between Christ and God’s creations?

If you can answer these questions satisfactorily for yourself then you are in the right Organization for yourself. If you cannot, then it might be time to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is what you really believe in.

-Sab

• excito-are
    excito-are

For the JW who is happy with his faith and has verry little education, the questions above are easily answered and pose no problem whatsoever. Sadly that is the majority of JW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    For the JW who is happy with his faith and has verry little education, the questions above are easily answered and pose no problem whatsoever. Sadly that is the majority of JW

Any 'easy' answer to any of the above questions must be questioned itself.

-Sab

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Why are the Watchtower Society leaders kept behind a curtain? Jesus is the only leader. The "Governing Body" is behind a "curtain" because they are simply fellow slaves.
    Why can’t the average Witness name their leaders? Jesus.
    Why is the entire process of the conclusions that end up in the literature secret? So as not to bring attention to the writers, it is, after all, God's message.
    Are ideas that are tossed before they make it into the literature documented? Does it matter?

Are the leaders (such as Elders, Circuit and District Overseers) appointed by God or not? Those who serve in responsible postions are not appointed by God. They are spirit appointed. There is a difference.

Why does Sanctity of Life, a Biblical concept, take second to the Blood Doctrine? It doesn't.
    Why are anonymous witnesses used in Judicial Committees? They aren't.
    How hard is it to get your personal information about Judicial Committees from the Organization? Theocratic Organization ... not Democratic ... different rules.
    Why are the financial figures (especially donations to the World Wide Work) of the Organization kept secret? They aren't. Contribution totals or told to the congregation every month. Add them up from every congregation if you want.
    Why doesn’t the Watchtower Society fully utilize current technology to aid in their preaching work? The Good News is personal. Its better that way.
    Why does the Watchtower refer to new teachings as “New Light” when some of this “New Light” reverts to an old teaching? The light gets brighter. Sometimes, due to imperfections of men, interpretation misunderstandings occur. What ... are you perfect?
    How can the Governing Body be “Spirit Directed” while at the same time not claiming Divine Inspiration? You answered your own question.

Why is there a Reinstatement “Turnaround Time” when Jesus taught to forgive at the first sign of remorse? These are critical times hard to deal with, you can't believe somebody is remorseful without a record of conduct establishing repentance.
    Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses allow very young children to be baptized? They exhibit a muture understanding of their faith.
    Why are old publications fairly quickly replaced with new publications, and why do the old ones become totally obsolete? Brighter light.
    Why is personal research, without Watchtower guidance, discouraged? Only God's Organization is spirit directed. You need them.
    Why is learning Greek and Hebrew, for the purpose of verifying the New World Translation, discouraged? Waste of time. Even modern Greek and Hebrew differ greatly from the vernacular used 2000 or more years ago. I know English yet have a difficult time understanding the English language just a few hundred years old.
    When a spiritual or physical crime is committed with only one witness, why doesn’t the Society default to the Superior Authorities? Superior authorities are not bound by God's requirements.

What happened in 1975? Question is too vague.
    Why has Matthew 24:34 had six different interpretations since the Watchtower’s inception? The light gets brighter.
    Can it be proven that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE? Of course.

Does the Watchtower Society have the right to invalidate the Faith of the rest of the world and claim the sole position of Mediator between Christ and God’s creations? No. Other faiths invalidate themselves.

Do I pass? Do I get a star?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Those answers are very unsatisfactory for me, but if they ring true for you then all power to you.

-Sab

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Hey Wannabefree! Is this a joke?

Do you really think that young people that are baptized "exhibit a mature understanding of their faith"????!!!I was there . . . . we born-in's are kept in a deceitful bubble. We do what we are told by our parents, and want to be accepted by the only humans we are allowed to be in contact with, the JDubs.

Also, the door to door 1930's style of preaching work is "personal" because you never end up talking to an actual "householder". It's just you and your JDub buddy gossiping about everyone in the congregation, and then it's off to McDonald's for your "coffee break". This kind of lifesaving work is comparable to that of Bill and Melinda Gates, Warren Buffet, The Red Cross, and every volunteer of Doctors Without Borders, but better.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Of course it is a joke. I just wanted to try and answer the questions as I may with my JW reasoning.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

LOL!!!!! I wasn't sure if you were going crazy. XOXO

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Actually Rebecca, if you take a look at my post here you will see that I agree with you.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/197778/1/Reaching-the-Goal-of-Baptism-old-enough

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Well said! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit