WHO wrote the BIBLE? History channel documentary

by Terry 35 Replies latest members politics

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Terry: What did it for me was to discover that YHWH was added to the NT by the WT. They said others had changed the Bible and they themselves changed it. Then questions questions questions started to come up like boiling water. I kid you not I went on a reading frenzy like you said for 3 consecutive months 18 hours per day. Now I got it down to 4 :-)

RANDY: You are amazing, When will you write about your life from the moment you became a pastor till today? I am interested in hearing it.

• Quentin
    Quentin

What one fact that you (anybody here who reads this) have discovered makes you the most---distrustful--of the standard view of scripture?

Mine begain by reading, many years ago, "The Passover Plot", by British Biblical scholar Hugh J. Schonfield, published 1965. He also wrote "The Jesus Party", cannot find it referenced anywhere, read that one as well. After that several years of reading various books on Bible translation, early Church History, Bible History, so on and so on. It was not one sided, read books for and aginst.

After all that, over a period of time, was coming to a realization what Paul wrote, teached, taught did not mesh with the Gospels, nor Acts. Didn't pass the smell test. Also went outside the box and read Barry Fell, Graham Hancock and others who believe there is evidence for long gone ancient civilizations. Then there was Velicovskys(sp?) books, as well.

All this changed my view of Holy writ and history in general. The History Chanel is great, as Randy pointed out, for basic 101 information. Heh, heh, heh, whatever the TV show was that said "the truth is out there". You have go to find it, for yourself.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Cyber, you might want to read my latest comment on the Hell post http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/197915/1/Hell-is-the-Invention-of-the-Church re: simple tests of history. Also my story up to a few years ago is up at: randallwatters.org

Ships: Sorry about your dog, man! that sucks.

Quentin: Educate yourself heavily. You know what the best teachers of religious methodology are?

1. magicians (modern day alchemists who create the "supernatural")

2. Sit in on interventions, ESPECIALLY DEALING WITH OTHER CULTS, when you, in the quiet moments of thought, realize that the point you are about to make to the cult victim applies to you. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

Listen to the two new POST-INTERVENTION videos I just put up on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/freeminds#p/a/u/0/yCb9bLkNu2g

and

http://www.youtube.com/user/freeminds#p/a/u/1/oArFiPjxhps

Terry: you said AMEN! ('bout fainted)

:-))

Randy

• Quentin
    Quentin

Ah, Randy you are buring with a zeal to convince. Will look at your YouTube videos. As to educating myself, well, have and continue to do so.

2. Sit in on interventions, ESPECIALLY DEALING WITH OTHER CULTS, when you, in the quiet moments of thought, realize that the point you are about to make to the cult victim applies to you. Talk about cognitive dissonance!

Don't understand your point, or meaning.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Like telling a person they have BO when you have bad breath. :-))

R

• Quentin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit