One more disability - but solutions are great

by Lady Lee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK so I have been almost blind in one eye since I was a kid. I have been using a wheelchair for 7 years now.

And last winter I discovered I am going deaf - there goes my career as a sign langiuage interpreter for the Witnesses. lol

So 2 weeks ago I got my hearing aids. What the h*ll was I waiting for?

These things are fabulous. I don't have to have my TV blaring so I can hear what people say. I don't have to ask people to keep repeating themselves.

I just grab my nifty remote control and jack up the volume.

These babies are awesome. I can connect them to my MP3 player and even my old Walkman. I can connect to any device with an audio jack into a receiver hanging around my neck and it feeds the sound wirelessly into the hearing aids. I don't even have to have stupid wires coming out of my hears anymore with ear plugs that make my ears hurt.

If I can find a Jabra hub (which are supposedly discontinued) I can even connect my land phone to the receiver.

It will also accept any Bluetooth enabled device through the receiver and directly into the hearing aids.

----

Hearing aids ain't what they used to be. If you have a hearing problem or think you do, get your hearing checked. You will be surprised at how much you are missing.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

wow lady, i didn't know anything about you!

so glad you have these fantiastic new toys!

no, fantastic new life changing devices!

oz

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yea I'm falling apart. What can I say? Old age or something like that

• Hadit
    Hadit
    And last winter I discovered I am going deaf - there goes my career as a sign langiuage interpreter for the Witnesses. lol

I'm sorry about your hearing on top of everything else! LOL though - your sense of humour is intact! That's a good thing it keeps us going through the trials.

Glad you found a great technological solution! Wishing you all the best

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

can you just imagine how badly wonderfully I could botch up a talk if I was still interpreting - well if I was still a Witness that is

oh the joys of that thought.

• Hadit
    Hadit

LOL! You could totally use it as an opportunity to get in a little "extra" information to wake them up - claiming that is what you swear you heard them say!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Lady Lee - Glad you are managing so well, have you tried contacting Jabra?

http://www.jabra.com/na-us/contact/pages/supportquestions.aspx

I myself have just reached the age where things aren't working like they used to!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Lee, I received the diagnosis that I'm losing my hearing two years ago. It is genetic. My uncle, who died last December, was almost completely deaf and my JW aunt is going deaf. My grandpa went deaf. I've been told that hearing aids are very, very expensive. May I pry and ask for a rough estimate of how much yours cost? BTW, I can't hear a thing in a crowd with other people talking. Too much noise, I can't sort it out.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you Lady Lee staying so positive with your disabilities. Hugs

Loz x

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

technology is wonderful. Good for you Lady Lee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit