After Dateline Airs, WTS Executives Will Need ...

by hawkaw 20 Replies latest jw friends

• fodeja
    fodeja
    If this much tooted event ever does actually happen

Definitely not before "peace and security" are declared.

f., bemused observer of TV culture

• SYN
    SYN

When's it airing?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The DATELINE about Jehovah's Witnesses will be on just before the announcement of "peace and security".

Seriously, there have been rumours of it being on ever since August 2001.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• mike047
    mike047

I,personally, think that when it is aired that it will not cause even a bump in the road for wts. Most of the public won't be concerned and won't even remember the program. An awful lot of people will only consider what directly affects them personally.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

While I don't think that the Dateline special will affect the R&F to any great degree....after all, they'll just dismiss it as an attack from Satan.....I DO think that it will help to make non-JWs more aware of what is really happening in this "group of nice people who simply have an odd habit of disturbing others early on a weekend morning".

It will probably also create a minor PR nightmare for the WTBTS, since they will be scrambling to minimize the effect of this special, and I'm sure they will go all out to demonize anyone testifying in it.

Hopefully, some will wake up....probably not many, but, as I've said before, every crack in the facade helps.

• mike047
    mike047

RHW, I don't think the American public will blink an eye. With in the wts, the r&f will do as you suggest and the overlords will have damage contol to deal with. You are right about every little crack helps, but most people just don't care.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

RedHorseWoman,

I think you might be right about it not having too much an effect on the R&F. Except .... in the case where they are *personally* affected. Just imagine you are a grown woman who had been molested by an elder and it got swept under a rug for 15 years. You think you're the only one. You think it was for protecting "God's Organization."

Then you see Dateline and you see that you were not alone. That it is an EVIL policy perpetrated by the "Faithful and Discreet Slave."

Take it another step, you are the JW mother of the grown woman who wanted to go to the authorities but were told not to by the elders.

Take it another step, you are friends with the grown woman and have seen all the psychological problems she has suffered through the years due to this secret.

If you think about it, all this story needs is for a R&F member to *know* of a friend of a friend who was molested as a dub by an elder and had it swept under.

That could be powerful. Imagine the anger. Imagine watching the program and it rings oh so true.

These people could get on line to Silentlambs.org and it could be the beginning of the end of their lives as dubs.

I think it's true that most people only pay attention to things that pertain to themselves. Unfortunately, this THING is very big and has the potential to pertain to many more people than the Watchtower Society wants.

I was only a dub for 6 years. In that short time, one of my daughters was molested and it got swept under a rug. I know for sure that when my sister sees the program, at the minimum, it will ring true for her. She knows the problems I had because of this.

Even though she could justify it away, who knows what it will do for her in the long term. It could be the thing that causes her to doubt and get to the bottom of those doubts.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I think that the Dateline will be good to push the 'almost out', but will just fuel the fire for the rank and file who will see it as a beginning of the big A. (Persecution of the Borg)

Fools.

Yet, I still think Hawkaw is right. Midol will be in order for those who answer the tough questions. Where's Paul Gillies when you need him?

ashi

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

first it is a matter of when not if my opinion of course..right now they are with their legal begals both sides so so many law suits..IT HAS BEEN 22 yrs now fo us/ I was warned by elders to keep quit about my x-husband/brother pervert, etc. quiet and damned if I just marched via bus to VAN NUYS, Calif. and went into therapy with worldy therapist SUSAN FORWARD It is not beaneath me to flip the bird even torwards elders and elderettes then and now when I am threatened with beind disfellowship from the ORG.for seeking worldy help, etc. ha ha ha ha!! I would do it again SUSAN FORWARD is one GREAT LADY in my books in my opinion...DATELINE has been fiddle farting around since around almost a year and hopfully no one has been holding their breath and my opinion THE CATHOLIC CHURCH is still standing and so will the WT be still standing once aird--my opinion WE around here iz celibate by choice except the kat Mamie she haz been fixed..THE xMr.schmuck is 6ft under now (15 YR NOW) life IS one day at a time and progress not perfection !!! but as an X-JW it is better for US (me) these last 10 YRS..HAPPY VALENTINES DAY and BEFORE I FORGET EVERYONE ((((((HEALING HUGS))))) A while back now I remember telling RANDY WATTERS - YA HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN and so they HAVE--just the tip of the iceBERG- WT ORG--PERVERTs PARADISE... love ya - LINDA LISA AND MAMIE meow KITTY

• LDH
    LDH

Regards the comment "it's been rumored since August of 2001."

Sept. 11 changed a lot of folks timeline. Don't forget. First and foremost they are concerned with viewer ratings. Period.

Lisa

PS don't forget 60 Minutes ran a segment after Ray Franz left called "Cracks in the Watchtower?!?!" That segment did virtually nothing except entrench people in their anti-apostate vehemence.

IMHO, depending onthe way Dateline produces this piece, the same thing could happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit