Religions that don't believe in having a Social Security Number?

by lisavegas420 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I work for a real estate company. I overheard two Realtors talking about a client trying to buy a house and the client didn't have a Social Security number because of religious reasons.

I said..excuse me..but what religion is it?

Neither knew. I asked, what religion COULD it be? They both again said, I don't know.

I thought, maybe Amish don't have SS#'s, but I don't know that for sure, and I don't know if they would buy a house in the city.

I looked on-line to see "what religions don't believe in having a social security number" and didn't find any Religions. I did find where they (the non-SS#) can't be denied a job for not having one, if the reason is based on their religion. But nothing about what religion it could be.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

lisa

• asilentone
    asilentone

Maybe he is a fugitive.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yea, maybe he's a fugitive hiding behind the cloak of religion.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Why would a futive want to buy a house? Wouldn't he just stay on the run.

lisa

• wasblind
    wasblind

Some have settled down a took on new identities. but to tell the truth i really wouldn't know.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Just posting a link

http://www.greaterthings.com/Conspiracy/SSN_SocialSecurityNumber_666/

From the site:

ZION EAST GATE CHURCH
    WE ARE A CHURCH, THAT STRONGLY HOLD TO THE BELIEF, AND THE WORD OF GOD, THAT YES, THE SSN IS THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST, AND THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME. 1. PEOPLE MEMORIZE IT, AND PLACE IT IN THEIR FOREHEADS. 2. IT'S IN THEIR HAND ALREADY, AND THEY WRITE IT DOWN ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS. YOU CANNOT GET A BANK ACCOUNT, BUY A HOME, GET CREDIT, NOR CAN YOU SELL ANY OF THESE ITEMS WITHOUT IT. BUT, WE STAND ON THE WORD OF ALMIGHTY GOD, AND REFUSE TO BE NUMBERED WITH THE TRANSGRESSORS. CHRIST DID THAT FOR US, TO REMOVE US FROM THEM.

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."

MOST OF OUR CHURCH MEMBERS HAVE THROWN AWAY THEIR SSN'S. THOSE THAT STILL HAVE THEM, ARE LEARNING HOW TO BUILD THEIR FAITH, SO THAT THEY CAN GIVE THEM UP. WE COMMEND YOU BROTHER, FOR YOUR BOLD MOVE. AND WE BACK YOU BOLDLY, IN THE NAME OF OUR GOD, AND HIS CHRIST
  • crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I know around here, the amish do have social security numbers....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe the client is a Sovereign claiming God-given rights to living according to natural laws and law of the land (as opposed to maritime law and commerce). Maybe the "god given rights" is what they are construing as "religious convictions".

Is there possibly some committment or obligation that has not been disclosed in receiving a SS card? Why do you suppose someone would purposely not have one?

And you already mention that it is not a lawful prerequisite to employment, although most of us would be told we cannot work without having that card. Why would we be deceived about such a requirement?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

A social security number is the mark of the beast, without which no-one can buy or sell.

If you don't want to displease Jehovah the Most High, it is best to refuse to be marked as a member of this dying old system.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I know of no particular religion that rejects the SSN. Some individuals do. Here is an overall FAQ on the SSN that can help.

http://cpsr.org/prevsite/cpsr/privacy/ssn/ssn.faq.html/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit