My Latest to the Editor

by AK - Jeff 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Good job... a letter like this is best suited, not on the "Letters to the Editor" page, but as a column as a guest editorial. This is a more common way to hand lengthy letters. What you have to watch out for is that they edit the letter down to under 500 words to get it into the space allotted and take away important information or remove context. Again, excellent job.

Snakes (Rich )

By the way, my word processor says your letter is exactly 800 words. On quick glance I could knock 100 words off without losing anything. Hope it gets published.

• carvin
    carvin

That was awesome Jeff, thank you. With your permission i to would like to send it to some local papers to see if they will print it. The only other thing I would add, if i can find the correct wording, would be to encourage people to look at the info and apply it to themselves and their religion. And explain that by not applying it to themselves is a product of the I and the T in BITE.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Great letter, Jeff.

Nicely done.

I believe the reader will sense your regret, but no rancid bitterness.

Namaste.

Syl

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Let us know if they publish it...Will it be available to read, and maybe comment on, online??

I may have to borrow it, too!! Good job!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It is published!

Haven't seen it in print yet - but here is the online newspaper addition. I will check the rag today to see if it is in Sunday's paper. A few edits were needed to meet the size limits, but nothing of substance:

http://www.kpcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16553:Awareness-of-methods-used-by-cults-is-important&catid=36:letters-to-the-editor&Itemid=278

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

And, yes, online comments are permitted in this newspaper site.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit